Hey everyone,
So here's my status at the moment. I'm stationed in Germany until May of next year doing logistics work. The pay is slowlane as is in most organizations. The experience on the other hand has opened me up and given me a few ideas. Living in Germany as an exchange student and current expat has given me invaluable experience as I have had to translate on several occasions for my co-workers; hence my idea.
Americans like to import German made goods and not just Audis and BMWs. Glühwein (google it), German chocolate and seasonal gifts from the Christmas Markets are a few examples that hold reasonable intrisic value to many people. Therein lies the shortfall: many Germans who produce these goods don't export to America on a regular basis. Having lived there for 2 years now I've seen a few different reasons for this. Regarless of the reasons, the lack of imports creates a huge value gap for potential customers in the US.
My idea was to create a lead generation/freight matching business for German entrepreneurs looking to export their goods to English speaking markets. I do speak fluent German and I feel that I could help to bridge this gap by creating a business that allows business owners the opportunity to reach foreign markets.
Since coming up with this idea I've begun to read up on U.S. import regulations and have picked up a few other books (e.g. millionaire fastlane and the 4 hour workweek). So for those of you who have been successful in such ventures, what is the next step I should take? What kind of action should I take to move myself closer to this goal? Any and all input is appreciated, thank you.
So here's my status at the moment. I'm stationed in Germany until May of next year doing logistics work. The pay is slowlane as is in most organizations. The experience on the other hand has opened me up and given me a few ideas. Living in Germany as an exchange student and current expat has given me invaluable experience as I have had to translate on several occasions for my co-workers; hence my idea.
Americans like to import German made goods and not just Audis and BMWs. Glühwein (google it), German chocolate and seasonal gifts from the Christmas Markets are a few examples that hold reasonable intrisic value to many people. Therein lies the shortfall: many Germans who produce these goods don't export to America on a regular basis. Having lived there for 2 years now I've seen a few different reasons for this. Regarless of the reasons, the lack of imports creates a huge value gap for potential customers in the US.
My idea was to create a lead generation/freight matching business for German entrepreneurs looking to export their goods to English speaking markets. I do speak fluent German and I feel that I could help to bridge this gap by creating a business that allows business owners the opportunity to reach foreign markets.
Since coming up with this idea I've begun to read up on U.S. import regulations and have picked up a few other books (e.g. millionaire fastlane and the 4 hour workweek). So for those of you who have been successful in such ventures, what is the next step I should take? What kind of action should I take to move myself closer to this goal? Any and all input is appreciated, thank you.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
