The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Current status and business idea. Suggestions please?

Idea threads

D.Eodice

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Dec 9, 2011
Germany...at the moment
Hey everyone,

So here's my status at the moment. I'm stationed in Germany until May of next year doing logistics work. The pay is slowlane as is in most organizations. The experience on the other hand has opened me up and given me a few ideas. Living in Germany as an exchange student and current expat has given me invaluable experience as I have had to translate on several occasions for my co-workers; hence my idea.

Americans like to import German made goods and not just Audis and BMWs. Glühwein (google it), German chocolate and seasonal gifts from the Christmas Markets are a few examples that hold reasonable intrisic value to many people. Therein lies the shortfall: many Germans who produce these goods don't export to America on a regular basis. Having lived there for 2 years now I've seen a few different reasons for this. Regarless of the reasons, the lack of imports creates a huge value gap for potential customers in the US.

My idea was to create a lead generation/freight matching business for German entrepreneurs looking to export their goods to English speaking markets. I do speak fluent German and I feel that I could help to bridge this gap by creating a business that allows business owners the opportunity to reach foreign markets.

Since coming up with this idea I've begun to read up on U.S. import regulations and have picked up a few other books (e.g. millionaire fastlane and the 4 hour workweek). So for those of you who have been successful in such ventures, what is the next step I should take? What kind of action should I take to move myself closer to this goal? Any and all input is appreciated, thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
Last edited by a moderator:

~Phil

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 3, 2014
Philly Suburbs
Last edited by a moderator:

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
Why not launch a marketplace where people in different countries list goods available only in those countries.
This seems like it could be a REALLY big idea.

Last edited:

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
Great idea man.

Probably set up a landing page and see who signs up with their email address? If you get enough interest it's a good business to start

D.Eodice

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Dec 9, 2011
Germany...at the moment
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'm currently deployed right now so I'm a little limited as to what I can do until I return home soon. But in the meantime I've started increasing my knowledge of German (technical/business terminology) and I've begun reading on import/export plus types of business to form (llc, sole proprietorship, etc.)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
your post goes to show that getting out in the world and experiencing new things will reveal ideas and opportunities you could not see before

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.