The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

EXECUTION Cryptocurrency GPU mining

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

GPM

Platinum Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Screenshot_20211011-212700_YT Studio.jpg

I need a few more watch hours, but it should only be another two days or so!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

GPM

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
1134 Subs on YouTube now, and I was just accepted for monetization an hour ago. So all my videos have just had that turned on! I am curious to see how this plays out as this is a 100% new area for me that I really don't know anything about and never expected would be something I would pursue.

I need to figure out sponsors, how to make those cards and add that stupid little notification thing, start telling people to watch my other videos... All that stuff that other people all seem to say works. Also need an intro or something. I want to record my own music for the intro and outro, and make it some banging heavy metal riff. Everyone on YouTube seems to always use techno or House music and it kind of drives me nuts. I am going to be the heavy metal miner.

Antifragile

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read Rat-Race Escape!
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 15, 2018
Vancouver, BC, Canada
In a gold rush it pays to sell shovels.

Keep going with videos! the trajectory is right on. Views and $$ will follow.

DoppleGanger

New Contributor
Oct 17, 2021
I’ve got an rx580 not doing anything, what would you suggest as a starting point? Raven coin?

Might have to visit Best Buy to see if they have any other stock on hand

GPM

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I’ve got an rx580 not doing anything, what would you suggest as a starting point? Raven coin?

Might have to visit Best Buy to see if they have any other stock on hand
You can get anywhere from 27-32 MH on Ethereum with an 8gb rx580!

GPM

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I got that, just did a quick run without looking at any instructions, and only got 6hs, so I need to do some reading and research for sure!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211019-184111_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20211019-184111_Brave.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 9

DoppleGanger

New Contributor
Oct 17, 2021
I’m getting 24 now, not sure if I have it right 100 percent yet, but I did get some eth already (I just mean some pool “shares” to be crystal clear)

Last edited:

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
I’m getting 24 now, not sure if I have it right 100 percent yet, but I did get some eth already (I just mean some pool “shares” to be crystal clear)
be careful about what pool you're using. Some of them use a wonky scheme where you're not really getting ethereum, you're getting credits. Make sure to read the payout conditions carefully.

GPM

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I have never run an AMD card on windows before, but you need some program that can set voltages and stuff on it.

With such a small hashrate, you should check what the minimum payout is on Ethermine. I use that pool myself, but I have enough hashrate to force a payment every other day if I want. You should see if it is possible to get a payout at least once a month, or once every 2 weeks if possible. The issue with ethermine might be due to you paying gas fees to transfer payment to your wallet.

I think hivepool pays the fees for you.

For something fun, I am mining a bit of Hivecoin right now. This is just a hail Mary of a mining play. With a single card you will probably get hundreds of coins a day.

silent

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jul 19, 2020
Here is Ethermine's payout policy:

Ethereum Layer 1 (Gas limit: 250,000)
-) Daily automatic payout of all balances above your configured payout threshold (10 - 0.01 ETH, network tx fee paid by the miner, default max acceptable gas price will be 40 GWei).

-) Manual
on demand payout of all balances above 0.005 ETH (network tx fee to be paid by the miner; can now be initiated via Metamask signature OR via IP verification).

Side-chain (Matic/Polygon)
-) Daily automatic payout of all balances above 0.005 ETH (network tx fee paid by the pool)
I've been mining for less than a week with a single GTX 1080 and am currently sitting at 0.00251 ETH :D

GPM

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
@Kak put me on to some proper recording gear and it just showed up in the mail! I should hopefully be able to walk around and troubleshoot rigs without nuts wind and fan noise going forward!

YouTube is at 1300 subs and fully monetized. I had a proper logo made up, and I'm almost done an intro video right now. I am pretty excited about it!

Sponsored Offers

Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Text... (via @Black_Dragon43 ) A forum user recently said something poignant. "Don't ask a...
MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
With 300+ students, the method and/or main sources of traffic don't saturate? Seems web design...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Hi - I sent out some emails with the updates but I'll PM you now also, thanks. The issue is...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom