The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

CRYPTO INVESTING RANT Crypto and NFT's are not for you.

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

KAIZOS

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jul 11, 2019
Netherlands
This post is such a non-fastlane mindset. Just garbage talking points to enable limiting beliefs.

Fastlane is about rapid asset appreciation, be that business/stocks/whatever.

2 years ago, we thought that having a business was the most control you could have. We have seen what government did to that false sense of complete control.

Crypto is pure capitalism. Free markets, property rights, sound currency, innovation. It rewards created value and punishes atrophy. It liquidated overleveraged traders. It rugpulls degenerate gamblers. It rewards early adopters of good projects.

But because it's a complete free market, it's also cut-throat. Which means you have to outcompete the market to win. You have to be faster/more informed/better judgement/emotional control/etc.

Most people don't have the time, energy, technical knowledge to compete in this environment.
Most people just gamble their money on random coins in hopes of being lucky.

But 'most people' also fail at starting and growing a succesfull business. (90%?)

Don't be 'most people'.

And take crypto seriously, especially in this clownworld economy which it is trying to fix.

Last edited:

Mike Stoian

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2019
I've read all of your guys's replies here and I guess I've been surrounding myself with the wrong people. The kinds of people who do only buy random coins and hope to go up. This post was mainly for people like that.

In contrast, most of the people here who are into these things seem to be looking at it from a completely different light. For example the light of the technology itself and it's long-term changes that it's gonna bring. Agree on a lot of those points btw.

In any case, I got a fair amount of criticism which is exactly what I wanted and I think I learned a lot. So thank you!

Bill M.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Jul 9, 2011
Don't take this the wrong way. I don't know who you are and what you plan on doing with Crypto but I feel for 90% of people it's just another lottery with the illusion that you can guess what numbers are gonna come out.

Here's my opinion:
When everyone and your grandma are talking about some financial opportunity, be weary.
When stories of small investments and incredible returns are the norm, be skeptical.
When the FOMO is real, you're not thinking straight.

Do you know what all the financial guru scams and crypto have in common?
- opportunity to change your life with a small investment
- easy to do/anyone can do it
- it can happen quick
- if only you get the right info / the right crypto

Does any of this sound like it's in your control? Does it sound like you're providing immense value? Like you're taking the right path and creating your own future?
To me it sounds like you're just looking for the easy way. By all means feel free to invest in these assets. They may very well be the future, but don't do it as your primary investment strategy. Your primary investment should be in yourself and your company.

Feel free to disagree. I'm not smarter than anyone else.
This post is such a non-fastlane mindset. Just garbage talking points to enable limiting beliefs.

Fastlane is about rapid asset appreciation, be that business/stocks/whatever.

2 years ago, we thought that having a business was the most control you could have. We have seen what government did to that false sense of complete control.

Crypto is pure capitalism. Free markets, property rights, sound currency, innovation. It rewards created value and punishes atrophy. It liquidated overleveraged traders. It rugpulls degenerate gamblers. It rewards early adopters of good projects.

But because it's a complete free market, it's also cut-throat. Which means you have to outcompete the market to win. You have to be faster/more informed/better judgement/emotional control/etc.

Most people don't have the time, energy, technical knowledge to compete in this environment.
Most people just gamble their money on random coins in hopes of being lucky.

But 'most people' also fail at starting and growing a succesfull business. (90%?)

Don't be 'most people'.

And take crypto seriously, especially in this clownworld economy which it is trying to fix.
I was resistant at first, but the more I study crypto the more I realize it is here to stay. Clearly, many of the coins offered are little more than cute gimmicks, but coins like ETH will likely transform the global financial system over time. Seems to be the rules that have underpinned the global economy for years are changing, or they are already in our rearview mirror. Business opportunities for the new crypto economy seem unlimited for those with the right skills and vision.

pat9000

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Dec 29, 2018
Nashville, TN
The technology is game changing. Web3, proof of work, proof of stake, proof of history; just these models alone are genius. Go and read the Bitcoin whitepaper -https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf. It's only 9 pages long and just by looking at the pictures, you will realize this is the way.

The use cases are being slowly adopted. Macy's just had an NFT auction and giveaway on Thanksgiving. They did this on Polygon. Draft kings marketplace - polygon. Topps NFTs - AVAX. NBA Topshot - Flow(I think).

Wait until Playboy, Magic the Gathering, Pokémon, and other huge collector based brands come into the space. And this is just the NFT sector I'm describing....not DeFi or even the BTC taproot update coming out. There is so much potential here to build with. I've made multiple X's of money off of these deals just because I understand the potential and space. The real business is building a Dapp yourself, not necessarily trading. That's the fun part.

It's technologically exciting for a nerd like me.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE  NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (50% Off Deal Now On)
Hey, @Fox! Kudos on your course and all the free content that you have released on your YouTube...
MARKETPLACE  You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
What I got was completely unexpected; @LightHouse generously talked with me for 2 straight hours...
MARKETPLACE  Freelance University: Solve Every Freelance Problem (Especially on Upwork)
FU. 4 DAYS. 50% OFF BLACK FRIDAY SALE! If you're an Upwork freelancer, you'd be a fool not to...
MARKETPLACE  For Sale: Food Brand with 4 Years of Happy Customers in a Fast-Growing Niche
So to get certified, it cost a fortune? How much exactly? That sucks that these "health...
MARKETPLACE  Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Fox's Web School helps you learn a specialized skill which you can use to get to Fastlane. It's...
MARKETPLACE  Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom