The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Critique my first intro video

piotrkrzyzek

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jun 22, 2011
Glenview, IL
Hey guys and gals,

I just created my first profile sales video. It's a super quick introduction to me and my services and how it benefits the user.

One small thing that I already know is wrong is the spelling of the word 'guaranteed', eh I'll use spell check on the slides next time. Other than that, comments? Critiques? General words of approval or disapproval?

Point of the video:

It'll sit on my LinkedIn profile page as a welcome video.

Length:

Short, coming in at 1:15

Link:

Code:
 [URL="http://youtu.be/aAuSGkEDX0Y"]linked_in_video.mp4 - YouTube[/URL]
Technical info for the geeks here who are curious:
  • Created using javascript and CSS (impress.js)
  • Recorded in Linux using ffmpeg
  • 1st rending pass in Linux using Avidemux (quickly cropping and giving it a smaller file size)
  • Final rendering in Windows virtual machine using Camtasia Studio to remove audio noise and adding music
  • Audio recorded with a condenser microphone + stand + pop filter + vibration filter thingy
Thanks,
--PK

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
I like it!

I like the visuals.

Things I would like to see changed. Increase the volume.

Tell me what you are actually going to do. I watched the whole video and still have no idea what services you provied.

BUT to me it is a GREAT start.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
I noticed a small bar that appeared on the bottom left side of the video when you the text switched reading "Waiting for extension Adblock Plus (beta)..." not a big deal but just thought I would bring it to your attention, otherwise, looks really well done!

piotrkrzyzek

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jun 22, 2011
Glenview, IL
Woah, just noticed that little thingy too! Thanks mate! hmm, I'll get that removed tomorrow.

Thanks for the audio level warning. I'm no professional producer so I don't know what 'proper' audio levels are. I actually decreased the level of both both audio streams because I thought it was a tee-bit too loud here. Hmm, I'll boost it a tad then. Thanks!

hedgehog757

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Jan 24, 2012
New York
Woah, just noticed that little thingy too! Thanks mate! hmm, I'll get that removed tomorrow.

Thanks for the audio level warning. I'm no professional producer so I don't know what 'proper' audio levels are. I actually decreased the level of both both audio streams because I thought it was a tee-bit too loud here. Hmm, I'll boost it a tad then. Thanks!

I agree, you want the music to be more in the background and your message to be heard a little clearer. It is pretty and nice and short. If it lasted too long I would never make it to the end. I don;t know what the ideal time would be for an intro video but nice work so far.

piotrkrzyzek

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jun 22, 2011
Glenview, IL
Alright, so the general idea is (for now):

increase voice volume and decrease music volume.

Thanks!

Also, create a better message. Check. Working on it (possibly next week). and fix the spelling error and the strange popup error thingy. Next time I'll run it through spell check and in 'incognito mode' :)

Thanks a bunch fellow fastlaners!

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
I liked it a lot, in general.

I thought that the video stayed on "Yes" for just a tad too long. I felt myself losing interest (and then I remembered that I was supposed to be watching the WHOLE video to critique it :)

It would be even better if the viewer could see you, even for at least part of it. It would add a personal touch, because you are asking them to connect with you.

I agree with the idea of showing just a little of what/how you will help increase profits.

It's a great length, though.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.