The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Critique my company

Marketing, social media, advertising

jb1

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 25, 2016
Hey all,

New to the forums, i work for a small business and we manufacture soccer goals. I work under the owner and I am learning new stuff everyday about the company.

Our website is: pevosports.com.

This website was like this when I came here. Of course it needs to be updated, but before so, please give me your opinion on what can be changed. New site completely? New Pics? etc. Would like to hear your feedback.

We do well with sales, but of course I want it to be even bigger.

Anything else please let me know.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted50669

First thing would be to benchmark against the features of similar market sites. What elements are different for them?

My own preferences would be:
1. Boxed site layout (instead of full-width, which is the current style you have)
2. Call to action at top of page (where do I click to buy? Do I have to go searching in the navigation bar?)

jb1

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 25, 2016
First thing would be to benchmark against the features of similar market sites. What elements are different for them?

1. Boxed site layout (instead of full-width, which is the current style you have)
2. Call to action at top of page (where do I click to buy? Do I have to go searching in the navigation bar?)
Thank you.

We only work through dealers, so the "where to buy" tab at the top would lead into that. Im not the best with wordpress, but I personally would like to create a whole new site.

Flybye

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Feb 19, 2018
Cuba v2.1 (Miami)

I actually prefer full width on a laptop/desktop. I find it rather annoying when a website doesnt take full advantage of my landscape monitor. The trick, though, is making sure the website is responsive so that it looks normal when viewed in portrait mode on a tablet or phone.

I just tested the site on 3 devices. On a PC landscape it looks fine. If I shrink the browser vertically (to simulate portrait), the Pevo Sports logo at the top starts overlapping the contact info. Same happens on the iPad if held in portrait, but not in landscape. It feels as if the site is simply showing the desktop site on the iPad. My iPhone shows a very watered down version of the site.

Ideally, you would like to have 5 layouts for the site:
1) Desktop landscape (really just a design choice to use all the horizontal space or not)
2) Tablet portrait
3) Tablet landscape
4) Phone portrait
5) Phone landscape

Google likes it when your site has a mobile version. It even gives you a better ranking. I find mobile sites silly since you can always zoom in a regular site on a phone, but I wont rant about that. I find it the most professional when a company has taken the time to ensure their site looks almost perfect across all devices.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
First of all I would have a simple home page with a 'shaded' picture, with a strapline and two simple buttons along the lines of 'find out more/about us/our goals' and 'buy now'.

Then I would have the goal types laid out in box form instead of down the page like you currently have.

When you mouse over each one, it should jump out at you and there should be a brief paragraph about the features and benefits of that particular goal system and where you would use it. In other words what makes one goal different from another (apart from size)

At each stage there should be a clear 'buy now' option, remember the function of the site is to convert interest into business. So how do you do business? Are people more likely to 'buy now' or do you sell more on face-to-face (over telephone) inquiries?

So maybe 'buy now' is changed to 'call for free consultation'.

Also the pictures on the goals pages all look like they were taken on a mobile phone, make them nicer and make sure they cover details that are important, like perhaps the hooks that hold the nets (you would know more about that than me).

Lastly, what's that weird yellow tube thing going over the goal on the title pic? It's just strange and I can't work out what it is or why it's there, so it could potentially be distracting people from your main message.

I'm really intrigued!

Addendum

I've just gone to click on buy now and realised that the site doesn't even sell them direct, rather through resellers. I think this needs to be made clear from the start as this could potentially annoy customers.

I know it would annoy me taking all that time to go through your site only to be put through to another (badly designed) site owned by someone else.

Blek

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jun 15, 2018
Poland
Header is way to big. Logo is ugly.
You should clearly state that You sell goals (if it's main product).
Instead address on right side You should have "Where to buy?" / "I want to be a dealer" buttons.
You don't need search and contact also (maybe in footer).
You need better photos - show Your product right away.
etc.
Suggestion: completly redesign.
The site was done probably by employer during working hours / or by son/niece anyway.

Last edited:

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I’m not sure if you created a separate mobile site, but it’s horrid. It’s just a block of orange text followed by a block of grey text...

No pictures, tooo much reading.

You need to get a simple picture of someone shooting a goal into your product with a few lines of copy and a “learn more” or “buy now” above the fold.

A simple sales scroller type page would be perfect for your business.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.