The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Creative Marketing Ideas?

Idea threads

Ksalazar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Sep 16, 2018
Rhode Island
Hello everyone

I have obtained a couple of partners for my first fastlane business. Just wanted some advice on creative marketing ideas that some of you have used for your own business. Just wanted to think what the mastermind community has in mind. Any help would be appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Partners :thumbsdown:

It depends.... are you trying to get the word out to teens, young adults, 55 and over, businesses, construction workers, people who are in rest home, online, offline? It depends what your business is.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
In the absence of knowing what your product is, I'd recommend a book I recently read called Outrageous Multi-Step Marketing Campaigns that are Outrageously Successful by Bill Glazer (one of the direct response copywriting greats). It's 364 pages filled with the details on 49 different creative marketing campaigns and how they turned out. So you might get some ideas from there.

However, I think you'd get a lot more actionable feedback from the forum if you could provide more details. Not saying you need to give away what your product is... but in order to come up with some creative ideas, it would help to know some basic answers, like...
  • Is the product B2B or B2C?
  • Is it a one-time use product or something people buy over and over?
  • Are you selling something new that you'll have to create awareness for, or are you selling something that people are already familiar with?
  • Is the market crowded with other similar products?
  • Is everyone else in this market doing the same kinds of marketing, and you want to stand out by being different? If so, what are they doing? Do you have any sense of how well it's working for them? (Don't fix what isn't broken)
  • Who is the target audience for this product (age, demographics, descriptive qualities)
  • Which of the universal human needs will be most logical to tie in your marketing?
[Side note:
8 universal human needs from Ca$hvertising:

1. Survival, enjoyment of life, life extension.
2. Enjoyment of food and beverages.
3. Freedom from fear, pain, and danger.
4. Sexual companionship.
5. Comfortable living conditions
6. To be superior, winning, keeping up with the Joneses.
7. Care and protection of loved ones.
8. Social approval.

Six emotional human needs from Tony Robbins:

1. Certainty: assurance you can avoid pain and gain pleasure.
2. Variety: the need for the unknown, change, new stimuli.
3. Significance: feeling unique, important, special, or needed.
4. Connection/Love: a strong feeling of closeness or union with someone or something.
5. Growth: an expansion of capacity, capability, or understanding.
6. Contribution: a sense of service and focus on helping, giving to and supporting others.

End side note]
  • Where does your target audience congregate or hang out online? Where are they likely to be found offline?
  • Have you done any marketing so far, and if so, what happened?
  • What are your goals or sales targets (can be vague, like "sell X units" or "hit 7 figures" whatever you feel comfortable with)
  • What constraints are you operating under? e.g. do you have a really low budget and have to bootstrap the initial efforts?
  • What are the biggest obstacles to getting great results with your marketing, in your opinion?
I could go on, but you get the picture...

It's hard to strategize over a question that's so open-ended, because like @minivanman said, "it depends."

Tanu1234

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 4, 2018
Hello everyone

I have obtained a couple of partners for my first fastlane business. Just wanted some advice on creative marketing ideas that some of you have used for your own business. Just wanted to think what the mastermind community has in mind. Any help would be appreciated.

I am using social media to build awareness for my prouct.

After that I have plan to go with Google ads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.