The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Creating the Value Array for my Type of Customer

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hey guys,

So im currently at the part of my business where I need to create a value array. I want my offer to be appealing to my customers of course, so I did some research and ran into the attached diagram.

What do you guys think of the diagram, do you have anything to add?

How do you guys usually approach the task of defining a value array for your "perfect customer"? Does anyone have any Excel Sheets or alternative resources that they could share with us?

Thanks for the feedback!

Best
Champion

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• Value_Array.png
    Value_Array.png
    275.3 KB · Views: 26

WellWallet

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Mar 6, 2019
Ooooh, this is super interesting! Thanks for posting. I'm working on building an educational brand and this gives me really great food for thought/direction.

What industry are you working in?

xWBW

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Ooooh, this is super interesting! Thanks for posting. I'm working on building an educational brand and this gives me really great food for thought/direction.

What industry are you working in?

xWBW

No Worries! You can checkout this link as well, it might give you some more ideas:

I find that the case studies and reports from these top consulting firms (Bain, McKinsey) can be extremely helpful. They already got super smart people working for them, so using their reports and executing on the conclusions can be extremely profitable.

Regarding my industry:

Im in the B2C E-commerce Sector. Price range of my products is around 20 - 100$.

Best
Champion

Re:Kay

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Feb 12, 2019
Hey there,

why not reverse engeneer the process? What do I mean by that...

So I suppose you know what your target audience is by now, therefore you should be familiar with their most pressing problems. If not going out and test can be your way to find where to add value.

When you know what is important for them - and maybe what social status / ageclass / persona and so on they belong to you can gather more knowledge about the niche you are researching. I think tailoring your values to your niche and their specific problems could be valueable and skyrocket sales - but I don´t have any experience in e-commerce so just my 2 cents.

Best wishes

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SimonB

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Mar 2, 2019
United Kingdom
I know Maslow and the 'hierarchy of needs' gets a lot of criticism these days but simple as I am, I swear by it. I love the clarity of your diagram. It puts a lot into context and makes a hell of a lot of sense to me.

best wishes

Madman1996

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Oct 9, 2017
Netherlands
Hey there,

why not reverse engeneer the process? What do I mean by that...

So I suppose you know what your target audience is by now, therefore you should be familiar with their most pressing problems. If not going out and test can be your way to find where to add value.

When you know what is important for them - and maybe what social status / ageclass / persona and so on they belong to you can gather more knowledge about the niche you are researching. I think tailoring your values to your niche and their specific problems could be valueable and skyrocket sales - but I don´t have any experience in e-commerce so just my 2 cents.

Best wishes

hello there very interesting thread what do mean by you should be familiar with their pressing problems and if not going out and test can i test it with monkey survey or do i need to have a other approach

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.