The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Creating the next social media giant...

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

shelton

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 5, 2018
Brooklyn, NY
I’m willing to create a social media site but the thing is. I don’t know how sites like reddit tumblr or even Twitter make their money. I also don’t know how they are able to price their apps. I want to create a site that is either pay for once or subscription based. I would even replace patreon If I could. I did research on tumblr and found out that even it’s falling from grace

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Would you try out for the New York Yankees having never stepped foot on the baseball field?

Of course not.

But your post says just that.

You want to pitch for the Yankees but you haven't thrown one pitch, not in little league, not in high school, not in college.

Instead of trying to create the next Facebook, Twitter, or Patreon, you should try to building something small that generates a profit. Shoot for $100 a month.

Then $1,000.

Then $10,000.

Then $100,000.

Then, and only then, should you start thinking about creating the next Facebook.

Hope this helps.

shelton

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 5, 2018
Brooklyn, NY
Would you try out for the New York Yankees having never stepped foot on the baseball field? I just wanted to know how they make their money that’s all.

Of course not.

But your post says just that.

You want to pitch for the Yankees but you haven't thrown one pitch, not in little league, not in high school, not in college.

Instead of trying to create the next Facebook, Twitter, or Patreon, you should try to building something small that generates a profit. Shoot for $100 a month.

Then $1,000.

Then $10,000.

Then $100,000.

Then, and only then, should you start thinking about creating the next Facebook.

Hope this helps.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.