The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Creating Affiliate Program

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
It seems as many people like to promote others website for $$$. You know the owner of the affiliate program is really in the fastlane though.....

I think the obvious advantage of having an affiliate program for your website is that people will be more interesting in spreading the word about your site and the service it is offering. No begging, just find website owners related to your niche and ask them if they would like to be apart of the affiliate program. I would think you could get the word out rather quickly by setting up a affiliate program?

I have never set one up myself…so this is all speculation above.

Has anyone ever set up an affiliate program for a website that you own?

Any suggestions where to go when setting up one?

What are your thoughts on it the idea of an affiliate program for a website?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

psynapse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
May 19, 2008
Los Angeles, California
After doing a lot of research, I hired an affiliate manager. As a business owner, having an experienced affiliate manager work for you will free up your time and produce far better-results than you could.

The affiliate manager I hired works heavily with Commission Junction (so can get quick responses, push things through, and even provide discounts), and has a solid network of 10's of thousands of affiliates (thus able to promote my program rapidly).

Before this, I had my own affiliate program for the site, and was getting maybe a few signups per day. But by utilizing big hubs like Share-A-Sale, CJ, etc, I found the quality of the affiliates rose dramatically.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
How did you find your affiliate manager, and what exactly does he do?

psynapse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
May 19, 2008
Los Angeles, California
My affiliate manager actually bought out a competitor's lead-gen site, so I contacted him to establish a strategic relationship. He charges about $2,500 per month to start, renegotiable upon performance.

These are the main tasks he is doing:
1. Day-to-day Management – this includes approving new affiliates daily, expiring affiliates with clicks and no sales, running performance reports, deploying creative to affiliates, and directing affiliates to online resources in order to educate them.
2. Relationship Building – In order to stimulate affiliates to produce, they will be personally emailed and called (once contact info is established) and sent bi-weekly newsletters/emails.
3. Affiliate Recruiting – gaining new affiliates should be an ongoing effort conducted on a daily basis. This will include contacting known super-affiliates directly, as well as reaching out to niche focused websites to bring in new webmasters as affiliates. Webmaster and Affiliate Forum posting will also be a big part of the effort to gain new affiliate relationships. Targeting competitors affiliates will be a high priority.
4. Banner and Landing Page Optimization – New creative and landing pages are a great way to inspire affiliates into action with better click-through rates and higher conversions.
5. Keywords and Search Phrases – Providing the keyword research, based on internal analytics, for affiliates is vital to getting them producing. Utilizing your web logs and conversion details will give a good indication of the products that convert best.
6. Web Templates – Produce several website templates that are basically online billboards that affiliates can use for website building and PPC campaigns. They are designed by us and therefore controlled by us to ensure quality standards and great click-through rates.
7. Sales Contests - Great for promoting on the forums, sending emails and press releases to increase program exposure, and overall hype-building.

If anybody wants his details, PM me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.