The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Creating A User Authentication/Login System

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Ivan Koretskyy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
298%
Oct 2, 2021
Oregon, US
I’m a designer who uses Webflow to create the looks of my website however when it comes to back end work is when I need assistance. I’m a beginner coder that’s on the process of creating a login system for users to have their accounts and information stored as they interact with my website, the problem is making it all happen. Are there any coding books or tutorials that can lead me to the direction? This is one of my processes I’m struggling at the moment. I also did some hard core searching and the third party apps don’t really support what I’m going for (One time purchases and memberships are included). Hit me up with a list of third party apps or code manuals for me to get through it!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Costafarian

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Nov 23, 2018
Cape Cod, MA
I’m a designer who uses Webflow to create the looks of my website however when it comes to back end work is when I need assistance. I’m a beginner coder that’s on the process of creating a login system for users to have their accounts and information stored as they interact with my website, the problem is making it all happen. Are there any coding books or tutorials that can lead me to the direction? This is one of my processes I’m struggling at the moment. I also did some hard core searching and the third party apps don’t really support what I’m going for (One time purchases and memberships are included). Hit me up with a list of third party apps or code manuals for me to get through it!
I bought a website from Flippa recently. When I examined the source code I discovered a lot of the scripts were in fact just purchased from another site called CodeCanyon.net

They might have a script you could buy and examine as a real life example. And from there build your own from the ground up. That's what I would do.

I'm currently trying to build a scraping tool with Python, so I've been searching constantly for examples and tutorials. Then I just adjust from there.

Toyotomi

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Jun 27, 2021
United Kingdom
Utilise third party like Microsoft B2C offering or googles firebase, there are many offerings to choose from, but do avoid managing user data unless you have a through experience in security (even then let the big boys handle it).

There are also open source offerings like ory cloud that are open source / cloud offering (if they tell you to go to hell you can run the open source offering at your leisure and not be vendor locked like the other offerings mentioned)

These offering have one thing in common, they utilise OAuth and openId connect. You might want to read into those specs, but if you are not heavy in tech just use plug and play solutions they provide.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.