J P D
New Contributor
I went to register some domain names I had picked out for my future business just to make sure they would be available when the time comes and guess what... they are all taken except one. I figured that some of them would be taken but some were really obscure combinations of abbreviations and they were gone too. So out of curiosity I got out my dictionary and started trying word after word and guess what, they are all gone it seems. I don't want to start having to ad numbers to the end of my domain like an email address.
I did have one idea that I thought of and it is still available. It is a six letter domain name with three consecutive two letter abbreviations. sorta like INEDYO.com. my company name would be "inches edition your", doesn't make any sense in this example but you can get the idea. My idea does flow like a word that someone could say out loud like my example which could be brand-able. it could catch on, look at google. what are your thoughts?
also, should I sign up for an email account for my domain at the time of registration or is that something I could do later on when I begin building the site?
thanks
I did have one idea that I thought of and it is still available. It is a six letter domain name with three consecutive two letter abbreviations. sorta like INEDYO.com. my company name would be "inches edition your", doesn't make any sense in this example but you can get the idea. My idea does flow like a word that someone could say out loud like my example which could be brand-able. it could catch on, look at google. what are your thoughts?
also, should I sign up for an email account for my domain at the time of registration or is that something I could do later on when I begin building the site?
thanks
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
