The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Could you make 300K within 5 years?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Prince33

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jun 9, 2020
Latvia
Let's say hypothetically you've got to make 300K by the Autumn of 2027. Starting from 0.

Do you think you could do it? And how much execution or discipline would be required?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Let's say hypothetically you've got to make 300K by the Autumn of 2027. Starting from 0.

Do you think you could do it? And how much execution or discipline would be required?
Why that number?

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
So is that 300k total from year 1-5?

That's 60k a year go wash windows bro.

Or 300k in year 5 alone?

300k is 25k a month.

Some sort of system will get you $x/mo times how many units you need to equal 25k.

So if you have some sort of service business with workers and each crew makes 5k a month profit you need 5 crews working.

If you had one guy working alone you'd probably be paying 5k in expenses, so you would need 10k in revenue/mo per worker. 21 working days in a month means about 500 a day in revenue. Can you get someone to do $500 worth of work per day?

You would need 50k/mo in revenue assuming those numbers which is just 5 dudes doing $500 a day in work each day.

So....find something where you can schedule and perform $500 in work by yourself in a day without much serious effort and you've got something that can do 300k a year as long as there's enough demand. Then you just have to grow moderately over the next 5 years and you hit your mark.

Example:

year 1: do the work yourself, bring on a helper to train him up. Bring in 100k and make 70 in profit or so having the kid work part time
2: get him to work alone, get to 150k revenue and you work part time with a second truck or something. Make like 90k in profit (60k profit from worker, plus you doing some part time work)
3: get to two full routes, two workers, bring in 240k revenue and make 120k.
4: 3-4 routes, 4 workers, make like 180ish. (assuming 4th crew is not full and not profitable yet)
5: 5 routes, 5 workers, make 300k, hire a manager that year to make life easier.
6: convince people to open franchises of your business and scale up

There just needs to be demand for whatever you're doing but those numbers are not that crazy, I've seen people doing stuff like building sheds where they make 3 grand in a single day of work.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

I can't speak for Latvia but in the US, you'd end up average. Get a job at $60K a year and boom, there's your $300K in 5 years.

It's a low bar.... like setting a goal to be mediocre so you can become of these "I eat roadkill to save money!" clowns.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Check this out. It’s not a perfect experiment, but the goal blows away 300k in 5 years and the fundamentals are solid.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Not rare at all.

Go browse bizbuysell and you’ll see small businesses making multiple millions per year. Yes, they still meet the small business classification.

And yeah I made more than that In less time with a job and a new biz on the side

Last edited by a moderator:

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior

I can't speak for Latvia but in the US, you'd end up average. Get a job at $60K a year and boom, there's your $300K in 5 years.

It's a low bar.... like setting a goal to be mediocre so you can become of these "I eat roadkill to save money!" clowns.

I CAN speak for Latvia.

Lived there for a few years.

Met a woman who has a marketing agency there close to the old Sapni Un Kokteli bar (god I miss Sapni) who built it up to $3mm USD in just a couple of years.

There ARE people with money in Latvia -- and EVERY country -- but if you had the skills...

URL unfurl="true"]https://www.discovery.com/shows/undercover-billionaire[/URL]

Check this out. It’s not a perfect experiment, but the goal blows away 300k in 5 years and the fundamentals are solid.

Such as these... you'd be able to sell to anyone around the world.

The internet is not just a fad... it actually connects everybody and you can sell to anyone... anywhere...

Prince33

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jun 9, 2020
Latvia
So is that 300k total from year 1-5?

That's 60k a year go wash windows bro.

Or 300k in year 5 alone?

300k is 25k a month.

Some sort of system will get you $x/mo times how many units you need to equal 25k.

So if you have some sort of service business with workers and each crew makes 5k a month profit you need 5 crews working.

If you had one guy working alone you'd probably be paying 5k in expenses, so you would need 10k in revenue/mo per worker. 21 working days in a month means about 500 a day in revenue. Can you get someone to do $500 worth of work per day?

You would need 50k/mo in revenue assuming those numbers which is just 5 dudes doing $500 a day in work each day.

So....find something where you can schedule and perform $500 in work by yourself in a day without much serious effort and you've got something that can do 300k a year as long as there's enough demand. Then you just have to grow moderately over the next 5 years and you hit your mark.

Example:

year 1: do the work yourself, bring on a helper to train him up. Bring in 100k and make 70 in profit or so having the kid work part time
2: get him to work alone, get to 150k revenue and you work part time with a second truck or something. Make like 90k in profit (60k profit from worker, plus you doing some part time work)
3: get to two full routes, two workers, bring in 240k revenue and make 120k.
4: 3-4 routes, 4 workers, make like 180ish. (assuming 4th crew is not full and not profitable yet)
5: 5 routes, 5 workers, make 300k, hire a manager that year to make life easier.
6: convince people to open franchises of your business and scale up

There just needs to be demand for whatever you're doing but those numbers are not that crazy, I've seen people doing stuff like building sheds where they make 3 grand in a single day of work.

Outside the beaucracy and managing people this sounds very possible. even for something online. Like you said the real question is can I find a way to make 500 in a day and replicate it reliably?

Marketing is a great way to provide value to people but say it's consistent is a stretch. Thanks for the long explanation.

Making 60K USD in Latvia and you're upper class for sure. Hell some would consider royalty. Just 2K a month is upper class.

And yeah I meant per year yearly income 300K.

Thanks MJ.
Not rare at all.

Go browse bizbuysell and you’ll see small businesses making multiple millions per year. Yes, they still meet the small business classification.

And yeah I made more than that In less time with a job and a new biz on the side
Imagine a business making 300K yearly being small. Wow.
I CAN speak for Latvia.

Lived there for a few years.

Met a woman who has a marketing agency there close to the old Sapni Un Kokteli bar (god I miss Sapni) who built it up to $3mm USD in just a couple of years.

There ARE people with money in Latvia -- and EVERY country -- but if you had the skills...

Such as these... you'd be able to sell to anyone around the world.

The internet is not just a fad... it actually connects everybody and you can sell to anyone... anywhere...

Absolutely. The internet is the great equalizer. No excuse for anyone in Europe. Even a Moldovan when Bangladeshi and Filipinos are finding ways to at least be virtual assistants and start businesses.

But I like that metric. First find a way to make 500 a day. Or gross 15K a month.

After that, I can find a way to scale or replicate it. But I'll be honest that's a tall, tall task. Will be interesting finding a way.

I'll brainstorm some ideas and report back.

Best I have right now is a combination between Fox and Andy Black. Web Dev + Google Ads.

But dealing with and closing clients is easier said than done. And finding a source to get clients from is probably just as big as developing the skill. So I'm not sure how reliable that is.

Maybe a "passive income" model? Create something, put it on a store and get sales. Or even a YouTube channel. I'd say it's more reliable to gauge.

I've dipped my hand in these but never went all in. I'll see.

Prince33

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jun 9, 2020
Latvia
View attachment 45868

It is a small business.

You should aim higher!
Yeah. However even there it says the business has employees. I'm most likely going to do this on my own until I gain more capital.

Even still it's not much I agree.
Is in my reality though.

Anyway. I decided first I have to learn how to make 100 a day before I can even dream of 500 a day. Which is 700 a week.

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
Anyway. I decided first I have to learn how to make 100 a day before I can even dream of 500 a day. Which is 700 a week.
Good luck in your ventures, neighbor, wishing you the best!
If you want to talk and discuss business or just share some thoughts, feel free to DM me here.

Greetings from Igaunija! ;)

PepegaPreGainer

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Nov 3, 2022
Yeah. However even there it says the business has employees. I'm most likely going to do this on my own until I gain more capital.

Even still it's not much I agree.
Is in my reality though.

Sounds like a good start, instead of trying to think of how to make millions of stacks of bread asap, think smaller instead and work your way up to bigger things, scaling it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.