The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Could someone help me

dbaker89

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jun 18, 2008
Reno, NV
We have been using Authorize.net for a number of years. We also have a Paypal payment option available.

I would also suggest that you tweak your site for the best SEO possible as this will lead to sales with little to no investment needed on your part.

Mike

Thanks for the advice. I have been integrating it and so far have 81 uniques from google (I am about 22 days into the launch of the site).

Today was my first organic google-generated sale. 56$ profit.

Dan

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Any updates?

dbaker89

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jun 18, 2008
Reno, NV
Wish I would have known you had posted that MJ.

The update is the store has done well overall. I haven't changed the design much but I have optimized it for google. Right now, I am number 2, below the official ferrari store, on keywords like "Ferrari Apparel"

I have since applied that knowledge and just launched another ecommerce store, www.YourECigarette.com

I am still looking for ways to increase traffic. Who all is doing well in ecommerce at the moment?

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
You can get a custom ecommerce piece built for $3k? idk.

That seems a little expensive to start, but when you say custom I am guessing you will have to guide the developer as to what you want the finished product to look and function .What else can one expect with one of these I am curious?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
That seems a little expensive to start, but when you say custom I am guessing you will have to guide the developer as to what you want the finished product to look and function .What else can one expect with one of these I am curious?

The post you quoted is from 4 years ago. The guy who made it hasn't been on the forum in a year, so I doubt he will be answering your question.

TK1

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Mar 31, 2011
I've been thinking about starting an e-commerce store as well. My biggest issue is that I can't store inventory in the dorm that I'll be moving into soon. Has anyone taken similar advice given in this thread and put a dropshipping spin on things?

I've heard Volusion is good for web design and shopping carts but they have somewhat high monthly payments. How is Yahoo Small Business? The site looks pretty good.

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/fa...kes-220k-pre-expenses-drop-ship-websites.html

Last edited by a moderator:

servicefly

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Sep 20, 2008
California (Southern)
I haven't been to this forum in some time but I can provide updated information. Here is a very cheap solution for future eCommerce Entrepreneurs:

Buy Hostgator business plan - $14.99 per month
Install Joomla 2.5 - FREE
Install a theme from Rickettheme if you choose - $70
Install RokCart from RocketTheme - FREE (limited to single page shop & checkout about 100 items) OR
Install Virtuemart 2.0 - FREE (far more complicated but free & powerful)

And there you go a full blown eCommerce website for under $200 with all of the advanced features. Another alternative is Amazon too.

Good luck to all!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.