The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Copywriters - What's your favorite font family? (WEB COPY)

Marketing, social media, advertising

jason91

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 15, 2015
USA
Hey guys - As I was updating some articles / blog posts on my website - I started playing around with the font families.

I currently use Tahoma for most product descriptions. But in the long copy on my informational pages it felt a bit blurry to read(or maybe just for my eyes). What do you guys think?

Played around with Georgia / Helvetica and noticed they're easy to read fast, but not as appealing to the eye for short lines of the copy. (Could be just my opinion)

Verdana I liked because it kind of grips you in. But I've found articles on websites talking about how the information is processed less, and slower in Verdana because of the letter-to-letter spacing.

So... what fonts do you guys like to use for your copy and why?

I know our forum here uses Droid Sans as a default

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

gi61joe

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Jun 27, 2015
Denver
I would only look at sans-serif font families. Serif fonts are going to be particularly hard to read with online text, especially if you are using less than a 12 point font. Unless you are picking them only for an aesthetic feel and don't care about readability. If you plan to use more than one font family, I would only use 2. Three at the most. Maybe one font family for general text and then another for product description. You can get a lot out of one font family using bolds and italics for differentiation within the family.
(i.e.
WIDGETS ON-SALE
Widget Number 1
Widget number 1 has the best widgety-ness around
)

If you are looking at fonts solely for online content here is a study/info that I have used in the past.

A 2002 study by the Software Usability and Research Laboratory concluded that:
  1. The most legible fonts were Arial, Courier, and Verdana.
  2. At 10-point size, participants preferred Verdana. Times New Roman was the least preferred.
  3. At 12-point size, Arial was preferred and Times New Roman was the least preferred.
  4. The preferred font overall was Verdana, and Times New Roman was the least preferred.
Hope this helps.

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
+1 for Arial and Verdana, if it's good enough for Amazon, it's good enough for me. Another font I also like is Roboto which was developed by Google.

Tyler Ellison

Digital Advertising Ninja
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jun 18, 2015
Brazil
Helvetica/Georgia/Myriad Pro for headlines

Arial/Verdana for text copy

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.