The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Copyrights on YouTube

v1nci

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Feb 22, 2021
Hey guys!

I am currently trying to build my YouTube channel and here's what I found interesting:

In this video, Sneako uses music from authors like f.e. Kanye West which are super popular and viral and I doubt, that he has any copyrights to use this song, YET this video was not restricted or blocked by any means. I looked for information that describes how to handle copyright issue correctly, but I didn't find anything that can explain that problem clearly.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSudnNYEBN8

If any of you have any experience and information about this case, I would be really thankful for any information.

Best!
:x

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great question.

@Valier (James Jani) uses copyrighted footage as well and as far as I know, he hasn't been flagged.

I'm not a lawyer but I have a guess: Perhaps the difference is that the videos are not directly commercial, meaning, they aren't selling anything. If they try to sell their $999 coaching course and use copyrighted materials, they definitely would get flagged as it would be an unlicensed use and infringement.

v1nci

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Feb 22, 2021
Great question.

@Valier (James Jani) uses copyrighted footage as well and as far as I know, he hasn't been flagged.

I'm not a lawyer but I have a guess: Perhaps the difference is that the videos are not directly commercial, meaning, they aren't selling anything. If they try to sell their $999 coaching course and use copyrighted materials, they definitely would get flagged as it would be an unlicensed use and infringement.
Thank you for your response.

From what I already found out, you can use this kind of music but first - it will not be monetized and second - money from monetization goes to the artist as he decided to make it public.

I know for sure that you can use pretty much ANYTHING if you are using it as an example, parody or a quote - mainly for describing, teaching and reviewing purposes.

I'm really interested what @Valier knows about that topic, as his videos and channel are popular enough to get someone interested in case they would want to ban him for copyrights issues.

Rockeez

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Apr 9, 2021
Hey guys!

I am currently trying to build my YouTube channel and here's what I found interesting:

In this video, Sneako uses music from authors like f.e. Kanye West which are super popular and viral and I doubt, that he has any copyrights to use this song, YET this video was not restricted or blocked by any means. I looked for information that describes how to handle copyright issue correctly, but I didn't find anything that can explain that problem clearly.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSudnNYEBN8

If any of you have any experience and information about this case, I would be really thankful for any informatio
YouTube is quite strict with their copywright policy. It's best you avoid commercial audios in your videos because any earned revenue from the video will be given to the artist which will make your creation be a waste of time....I am a perfect example of this policy as all videos I created for my YouTube channel was flagged copyright because I used audios of another artist.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

999michaelh

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Mar 20, 2021
Thank you for your response.

From what I already found out, you can use this kind of music but first - it will not be monetized and second - money from monetization goes to the artist as he decided to make it public.

I know for sure that you can use pretty much ANYTHING if you are using it as an example, parody or a quote - mainly for describing, teaching and reviewing purposes.

I'm really interested what @Valier knows about that topic, as his videos and channel are popular enough to get someone interested in case they would want to ban him for copyrights issues.
You can tweak music pitch, volume, etc., to bypass copyright claims. You could get claimed and give the monetization to the artist but if you dispute it and they don't respond to the dispute, basically the copyright claim will be removed in 30 days lol.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I think @Valier stopped using movie clips in his later videos.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.