5hpstickers
New Contributor
Hey Everyone,
Some of you may know I own www.5hpstickers.com which is just starting up and is growing slowly. I just feel it could never really be something fastlane.
Not too long ago (about a month or so ago) I was offered the opportunity to distribute a product that appeals to younger kids and teens, maybe even some young adults. I was offered to be the sole US distributor. I quickly made a website for the product to collect emails of those interested in the product.
I have collected 151 emails and also have reached 500 fans of Facebook for it without even promoting it. I receive emails and messages on the page all the time from people requesting the product.
THE PROBLEM IS:
These things are manufactured in China and they sent me two samples to test. I found some small issues with them which the creator (UK based) said would be fixed in the next batch. From the people who have gotten the product overseas most reviews are great but there are also a handful of complaints of the quality and pieces breaking.
I also have no experience in importing and I do not really have the space/capital to buy large quantities of inventory.
I really wanted to approach local shops in the Tri-state are who I know would be interested in the product but at the same time I am not sure if they will try to go direct to the source to try to undercut me.
Anyone have any suggestions on how to approach this? There is obviously a demand for the product and it will definitely sell since I get messages from people in Italy, Spain, Australia, and even had someone contact me from Israel (I set this guy up with the creator in the UK working of 15% commission on any purchases made).
Some of you may know I own www.5hpstickers.com which is just starting up and is growing slowly. I just feel it could never really be something fastlane.
Not too long ago (about a month or so ago) I was offered the opportunity to distribute a product that appeals to younger kids and teens, maybe even some young adults. I was offered to be the sole US distributor. I quickly made a website for the product to collect emails of those interested in the product.
I have collected 151 emails and also have reached 500 fans of Facebook for it without even promoting it. I receive emails and messages on the page all the time from people requesting the product.
THE PROBLEM IS:
These things are manufactured in China and they sent me two samples to test. I found some small issues with them which the creator (UK based) said would be fixed in the next batch. From the people who have gotten the product overseas most reviews are great but there are also a handful of complaints of the quality and pieces breaking.
I also have no experience in importing and I do not really have the space/capital to buy large quantities of inventory.
I really wanted to approach local shops in the Tri-state are who I know would be interested in the product but at the same time I am not sure if they will try to go direct to the source to try to undercut me.
Anyone have any suggestions on how to approach this? There is obviously a demand for the product and it will definitely sell since I get messages from people in Italy, Spain, Australia, and even had someone contact me from Israel (I set this guy up with the creator in the UK working of 15% commission on any purchases made).
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
