The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

FAILURE Control - eBay ended all listings

Ikke

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 20, 2012
Netherlands
I have been dealing with copy cats the last few weeks, reporting them on the eBay site and to the copyright infringement department. All but one were taken down. Report it a second time and today this happend.

All my eBay listings, which where good till cancelled, ended. eBay is unsure about what happened and is investigating. The nice lady on the phone told me it might be a colleague who simply made an honest mistake but they will have to investigate.

5 year of building up listings with views, watchers, sales, reviews and the lot... GONE.
It's not possible to restore these ended listing, I was told by eBay.

I asked them if they can check if anyone accessed my account but they couldn't tell me. I was assured my account was not breached and everything was and is safe. I changed my password just in case.

I guess I'll have to wait and hear what their investigation uncovers.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

The EL Maven

No longer life's passenger
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 3, 2015
Ten or so years ago, eBay was bigger than Amazon in pretty much every possible way. Unfortunately, you're seeing one big reason they're an after-thought these days instead of the main event.

As much as it sucks, remember that it's how fast you get back up that counts. Take the hit and keep doing what you have to do. Hit back harder.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom