The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Congratulations ARod!

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Alex Rodriguez just hit his 500th career HR! He's one special player. Congrats, my friend! MVP! MVP! MVP!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Woo Hoo. ;)

Ahem . . . at the risk of igniting a flame session on steroid abuse, my wife and I have tickets to local Giants Games this coming Thursday, and also a week later (her parents were season ticket holders).

You never know what might happen. ;)

-Russ H.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Haha good luck! You gonna be sitting in the OF?!?!

I was at the Yankee game Thursday when ARod could have hit #500. Unfortunately, it wasn't meant to be.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
I was at the Yankee game Thursday when ARod could have hit #500. Unfortunately, it wasn't meant to be.
Still, that's what makes it baseball.

Even when things don't happen the way you want 'em to, it's still a great game.

I grew up in Detroit and was a Tigers fan for years. Didn't matter if they won ('cause they hardly ever did!). We still loved the games.

For the Giants game, we're over on the 3rd base side. But since we're bringing our 11 mo old, we will probably be over at the kiddie play park (which, ironically, is between the bleachers and the water!

So I may see a one sail on past . . . ya never know. :)

-Russ H.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Haha that should be exciting. I've always wanted to go to AT&T Park or w/e they call Pac Bell Park now. It looks like such a beautiful stadium.

And I don't really understand what you're talking about with that "growing up a Tigers' fan" situation. I've never witnessed losing; I've been a Yankees fan all my life! Hehe. Oh wait, I'm a Knicks' fan.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Game was great. We lost (deja vu of my days w/the Tigers).

They announced before today's game that Bonds was taking the day off (he'd hit #757 the day before).

So we were a bit bummed by that. :(

Late in the game, Washington was leading 3 to 1, and we had 2 guys on.

They brought Bonds in as a pinch hitter!

The crowd went nuts.

Had he hit a home run, we'd have pulled into the lead.

Popped out.

But I'm not exagerating: Everyone was standing up the entire time he was at bat.

It was very cool. Like we were all wondering if we were going to be a part of history. :)

-Russ H.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
He just turned 32. Of all the players in MLB history to hit 500 career HRs, Arod did it at the youngest age. If he stays healthy and continues to play for another 7-10 seasons, there's not a trace of doubt in my mind that he'll hit 800 HRs.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.