The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Congrats MJ DeMarco

For any book discussion

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I was doing some research online, and I happened across @MJ DeMarco's book on Amazon.com.

Here's something interesting.

It was published in January 2011. More than three and a half years later...

It is still... the #3 best selling book on Entrepreneurship on Amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/books/684245011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_b_1_4_last

and... we're waiting for the sequel, which rumor has it might be published in the first half of 2015.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
>Fastlane inception

Most of them are. Shark Tank is like the deepest level of the dream, new entrepreneurs create fastlanes from your fastlane which makes your investment in them fastlane all on a television show that is fastlane about fastlaners making new fastlanes.

Either way, congrats to MJ; the book is tops because it changes lives.

Tyler K

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jul 25, 2014
United States
I'd like his next book to talk about the digital side of things like how he got this website up and running and how he got it to be one of the best entrepreneur forums around. Nice job MJ, you've inspired me and many others. A lot of the stuff I do isn't fastlane but what's important is I understand fastlane and I'm starting to really look at the bigger picture.

Thank you!

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
I am still waiting on his book about how he incorporated AM into limos.

:p

I kid. I kid.
That would have to be an ebook spread via AM.....

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Hands down the best book on entrepreneurship. Bar none.

That includes RDPD, Think and Grow Rich, How to get rich, the E-Myth, The Art of War, whatever.

Nobody has quantified it before.

EDIT: Someone messaged me thinking I was being sarcastic. I'm not. I truly believe this.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Holy shit, I didn't even know! I don't visit Amazon often and check sales ranks, reviews, etc. I just go there to fill orders and I can usually tell how well it is selling determinant on how many cases Amazon orders.

Thanks for the kudos. :)

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
I feel like there's a fastlane lesson here about eBook publishing too.

Write shit=Need to produce a new book every 3 weeks just to scrape by=Slowlane

Write something epic=Book stays relevant and continues to have strong sales for years without additional work=Fastlane

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I feel like there's a fastlane lesson here about eBook publishing too.

Write shit = Need to produce a new book every 3 weeks just to scrape by = Slowlane

Write something epic = Book stays relevant and continues to have strong sales for years without additional work = Fastlane

Absolutely, this is the essence of being product-centered. I stopped selling (marketing) the book years ago. Happy readers now sell the book for me.

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
Having 3 copies sent from Germany to Brazil because I can't find it anywhere here :) Congratulations, it really is a masterpiece!

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
Anybody actually read the 2-3 above it? Nice work, btw!

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Dude, HUGE congrats, you've made it....officially :D

Top-Business-Books.png

http://www.entrepreneuronfire.com/t...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

but since you can't have positive without negative, let me give you the best reply to when i was trying to pimp your book..it's just hilarious to me.

" it seems this book is another example of "this worked for me" without any sound, thorough, objective analysis as to WHY it worked and how likely it is to be a repeatable scenario for another person in another time.

This is no different than any other 'get-rich' book, which focuses mostly on the "feel-good" and "you-can-do-it!" part of equation, provides a lot of completely theoretical ways to do it (make a business that scales well with low capital investment despite your complete lack of experience in doing anything of the sort and special personal skills) and tries to use his isolated example of hitting it big in a web business during a fertile time for that sort of thing as proof of why he knows what he's doing, despite the fact he has never repeated his one-hit wonder performance."

Last edited:

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
I seriously can't wait for the next book. I've read the first book a handful of times and have recommended it more times than I can count.

Speaking of book two, I've got an idea...Instead of saying that I must write faster. I should say, "M.J. must write faster..."

Tlcalis

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 25, 2012
MJ I always wanted to ask you im curious how many copies of the book have you sold to this date?

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
I finished the book a few days ago. It is THE book for aspiring entrepreneurs, period. I feel like I finally have the last piece of the puzzle that I've been missing. After reading MJ's book, I feel prepared. If I had read his book before, and read through some of the Gold threads here, I would have saved myself a lot of time. I've wasted so much time working on projects for the wrong reason. My vision is much clearer now. I may get the audio book too.

Last edited:

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
It was published in January 2011. More than three and a half years later...

But why is it still #3? I thought you need to hire ghost writers to publish 20 books before you get any real progress?

OR was it the fact that 10 people bought the book based on my recommendation? And I'm sure ever other member her has done the same.

I was just talking to my old boss on Facebook. He was jealous of me 'escaping the corporate world and told me how...lucky'... I was. I know he is capable of so much more. After a quick recommendation and attributing TMF for my success: He just bought the book 10 minutes ago on Amazon. Another follower of this way of life that has worked so well for a lot of us.

When you put out a product that is SO powerful that your customers recommend your work to others...and those others recommend it to even more people..and again... You know you have created something amazingly valuable for the world. TMF goes deeper than the words on paper. It creates a movement.

Thank you...and congrats on the achievement in regards to the movement behind the book as well, MJ.

MUISaiyan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Aug 6, 2011
US
Well deserved still my favorite business book of all time...It's like my business bible.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.