- Joined
- Jun 2, 2013
- Messages
- 53
Rep Bank
$640
$640
User Power: 108%
I would like to share an idea that I had to today. Now it seems like the general user on here will
protect their idea until to actually comes to form and is harder to steal. I'm going to say BS to that
for now and share with you the idea. The goal of this thread is to see if my thought process would
be the same as some of you guys out there or an execution thread if my DD checks out. It's a bit of
a read.
When I read a book, I go through highlighting the important stuff, all the stuff that I want to learn
and comprehend. Then, when I'm done I may go back and just read the highlighted parts and even
take notes and make a outline for easy viewing. I'm sure there are statistics and numbers that will
support my person findings that you comprehend more when you read it a second time even if you
only read the 1/2 page that is relevant.
Time, we all know how valuable it is. We don't want to read that fluff around the highlights. This may
only work for non-fiction e-books. What if I could provide value to readers that want the crucial
information but don't have time to read the whole book. I would take a text version of an ebook,
highlight the good stuff and leave the fluff and then sell it for a bit more than just the ebook version
as it holds more value to the reader. I would go on to say even an outline, but if someone can easily
understand concepts of book through an outline, that will easily get leaked online and the author would
not agree to that.
The incentive for the author would be to get another line of distribution and possibly a higher profit as I could
sell the ebook for a higher price. I would get a percentage of every sale as well for my work.
What is stopping the author from doing it themselves? They know their book better than anyone and could
easily replicate what I'm describing. With that said, I need to deliver more value to the author. That seems
like the first road block.
I realize this is a different type of thread and will receive mixed feedback, so bring it on constructive criticism.
Also, if somebody does take the idea, let me know if you get to the top and I'll wave you on.
protect their idea until to actually comes to form and is harder to steal. I'm going to say BS to that
for now and share with you the idea. The goal of this thread is to see if my thought process would
be the same as some of you guys out there or an execution thread if my DD checks out. It's a bit of
a read.
When I read a book, I go through highlighting the important stuff, all the stuff that I want to learn
and comprehend. Then, when I'm done I may go back and just read the highlighted parts and even
take notes and make a outline for easy viewing. I'm sure there are statistics and numbers that will
support my person findings that you comprehend more when you read it a second time even if you
only read the 1/2 page that is relevant.
Time, we all know how valuable it is. We don't want to read that fluff around the highlights. This may
only work for non-fiction e-books. What if I could provide value to readers that want the crucial
information but don't have time to read the whole book. I would take a text version of an ebook,
highlight the good stuff and leave the fluff and then sell it for a bit more than just the ebook version
as it holds more value to the reader. I would go on to say even an outline, but if someone can easily
understand concepts of book through an outline, that will easily get leaked online and the author would
not agree to that.
The incentive for the author would be to get another line of distribution and possibly a higher profit as I could
sell the ebook for a higher price. I would get a percentage of every sale as well for my work.
What is stopping the author from doing it themselves? They know their book better than anyone and could
easily replicate what I'm describing. With that said, I need to deliver more value to the author. That seems
like the first road block.
I realize this is a different type of thread and will receive mixed feedback, so bring it on constructive criticism.
Also, if somebody does take the idea, let me know if you get to the top and I'll wave you on.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
