I am 20 years old and in late August I start my Sophomore year in college. I will eventually major in business, possibly get an MBA.
I have just been thinking, is it really worth it? I mean you go to college in order to prove your life later down the road. So let's see what happens after you graduate.
You now have debt (most)
You have a job you think you want
You now will be at that job M-F 40yrs.
You will probably will be in a median or possibly low upper class
You have a boss
You will spend your time in traffic going to and from work
You will not spend any nice days outside if it is M-F
That's all I can come up with.
I am probably biased, but I really don't see why college is so great, especially if you spend 40 years M-F working for a set amount of income that will never make you rich.
I am not sure if it's me or what, but it seems that college is somewhat hyped. I do agree that college will let you have the opportunity to have a better job after you are done, but at the same time you could start a business or do something creative and make much more money with not having to work 40 yrs.
I can not imaging working for 40 years M-F. This part just blows my mind. What a waste of a life. What a massive amount of life you are wasting working and blocking opportunities to experience the world and other enjoyable parts of life.
Give your take on it. :coffee:
I have just been thinking, is it really worth it? I mean you go to college in order to prove your life later down the road. So let's see what happens after you graduate.
You now have debt (most)
You have a job you think you want
You now will be at that job M-F 40yrs.
You will probably will be in a median or possibly low upper class
You have a boss
You will spend your time in traffic going to and from work
You will not spend any nice days outside if it is M-F
That's all I can come up with.
I am probably biased, but I really don't see why college is so great, especially if you spend 40 years M-F working for a set amount of income that will never make you rich.
I am not sure if it's me or what, but it seems that college is somewhat hyped. I do agree that college will let you have the opportunity to have a better job after you are done, but at the same time you could start a business or do something creative and make much more money with not having to work 40 yrs.
I can not imaging working for 40 years M-F. This part just blows my mind. What a waste of a life. What a massive amount of life you are wasting working and blocking opportunities to experience the world and other enjoyable parts of life.
Give your take on it. :coffee:
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
