The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

College Football ... BCS Sucks!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Is anyone else pissed-off at this STUPID-a$$ BCS system? :wtf:

I'm so tired of debating which college football team is best.

After tonite, I went domain searching...

TheBCSSucks.com was taken unfortunately.

KillTheBCS.com gone.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Agreed, but this has to be the most entertaining college football season yet. I would hate to be a Vegas odds maker.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Lol...the fact that most teams only play 11 or 12 games make it tough, though. It's not like basketball where you could play a tournament with a couple games a week. Still, though, there has to be a better system that they could implement than what they currently use.

TNT

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 31, 2007
Agreed, but this has to be the most entertaining college football season yet.
I have to agree this is entertaining. I am an Ohio State fan so it is working out for me it looks like.

TJ
GO Bucs

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
If Miles and the Tigers win, he better reconsider his future with LSU...my Wolverines would be extremely interested!!!

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
I have to agree! I pull for the "underdogs" so that hopefully it will be realized the system is horrible.

On another note, I found out tonight my Pirates will be playing #22 Boise St. in the Hawaii Bowl. Lets go Purple and Gold!!!! :hurray:

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Thank god no one felt Hawaii deserved the national title bowl. I still think strength of schedule should count for something. I also think 32 bowls is a bit much. As much as I want to see CU in a bowl this year, I don't think a 6-6 team deserves a bowl.

Z5 FILMS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 13, 2007
The Woodlands, TX
Colleges need to be divided into East/West. Schools divided into different divisions based on size. There needs to be a playoff system. When your season is done, your season is done.

This garbage of teams like University of Texas playing teams like Baylor is a joke. Baylor only has 14,000 students and nowhere near the recruiting power or finances of UT.

UT has 50,000 students and much higher recruiting power. If they are going to play Baylor, they might as well start playing high school teams.

Texas is TERRIBLE this year and they still slaughtered Baylor. It's not even fun to watch, let alone take credit for. It's like a high school football team playing against a middle school team.

Then you have teams like USC who have a roster full of these matchups, and you wonder why they almost go undefeated every year. They should should just go ahead and throw in a matchup against the Southwest School of Performing Arts of New Mexico for the Visually Challenged.

It's a joke.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
I would like to see a playoff system with bowl games as well. 4 team playoff. Top 4 conferences. Only 2 games added, plus throw in 6-10 extra bowls. Colleges thrive on those bowls. Its a huge revenue maker and it gives schools a chance to play for something meaningful. These players are after all amateur athletes, most of whom will never play pro.

Or have two championship groups and make the 4 independent schools join a conference. Some of the conferences are small as well. I think they need at least 10 schools. Sunbelt and big east have only 8 teams, while others have as many as 12. As it stands there are 129 teams now.

Top 6: SEC, Big 12, Big 10, Pac 10, ACC, Big East?
Lower 5: WAC, Mountain West, Sunbelt, Mid-American, USA conference.

willymo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Jul 25, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
I would like to see a 4 team playoff as well. Take the top 4 teams from the final BCS rankings and have them play in 2 of the BCS Bowls (either the Fiesta, Rose, Sugar, or Orange). Then take the 2 winners and let them play in the BCS championship game a week later.

Example

1) Ohio State vs. 4) OU to play in the Fiesta or Rose Bowl
2) LSU vs. 3) Va. Tech to play in the Sugar or Orange Bowl
winners play for BCS Championship

P.S. You have to win your Conference Championship to be eligible for the BCS Championship.

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
The BCS system is a joke! While I love my wolfpack....I just can't fully 100% get behind them because it always seems so political at the end of the year. You will never make everyone happy. While in basketball, you go to the big dance and if you win it...you are the champ. For football, they must be a better solution out there...they gotta be!

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
Can you say "playoff?"

What is it going to take for them to implement a playoff system? Wouldn't this be the BEST year for one?

santiago

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Aug 20, 2007
I think it worked out and OSU and LSU should be a reasonable game to watch. Much better than WV vs Missouri would have been. As a Georgia fan, I'm ticked off at the system and would much rather have been involved in a playoff system - certainly not excited over playing Hawaii (that's a lose-lose situation).

I Disagree over a conference champion as a requirement for a playoff though - what about OSU and USC not even having to play a championship game? What if Tennessee had beat LSU - would Tennessee then go in with 4 losses?

willymo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Jul 25, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
If Tenn would have beat LSU, then LSU would not be in the top 4 BCS poll. So therefore USC (Pac 10 Champs) would have been ranked in the top 4 and would have qualified for the playoffs.

To be fair every major conference should have a conference championship game.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.