The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Collecting 762k in X Months?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

iAmTrade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 28, 2015
New Jersey
Its almost January 1st 2016, this is not a New Years Resolution.

This is a (new business)?, an opportunity (this one) that I have been meaning to fully delve into, starting January 1st, 2016.

I am owed $ 762,000.00, yes, I did say $762,000.00 that is a lot. Will I get it all, I do not believe so.

I hope to collect 50-75% of that amount, $ 381,000.00 in hopefully 3 Months, collecting it in 6 months is still leaving me to be a happy guy.

Planning on how to make it happen currently & will make it happen.

Not entirely sure on the exact specifics of it all. Have tons of things to still figure out.

That's it for now.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

iAmTrade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 28, 2015
New Jersey
I have those owed, by clients for products offered a few years ago.

They were written off for tax purposes and I am turning around to collect on the approximate 700 accounts.

People generally don't pay all of their loans off for the products purchased, many just quit making payments on my accounts, some people disappear, die (unfortunately :( and some just "don't feel like it."

Its been a few years of not hassling them for payment, with the hope that they are in better financial shape now.

The write-off on my accounts saved a lot of taxable dollars from being taxed. Now, I can go back and collect :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duane

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 23, 2015
Lakeland FL
So this is a progress thread for how you are going to collect that money from those people?

Duane

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 23, 2015
Lakeland FL
Good luck. I'd like to hear your plan after you collect that money as well.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I have those owed, by clients for products offered a few years ago.

They were written off for tax purposes and I am turning around to collect on the approximate 700 accounts.

People generally don't pay all of their loans off for the products purchased, many just quit making payments on my accounts, some people disappear, die (unfortunately :( and some just "don't feel like it."

Its been a few years of not hassling them for payment, with the hope that they are in better financial shape now.

The write-off on my accounts saved a lot of taxable dollars from being taxed. Now, I can go back and collect :)

Damn, that's a lot of bad debt. How long did it take to accumulate?

Madhu

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Sep 9, 2015
I used to work for a graphics design company that was awful about collecting payments (basically, it survived on its overdraft and 50% customers got everything for free). Naturally this is unsustainable so faced with losing my job, I took it on myself to collect payments. Here is what helped me:

1. Approach customers in physical space
I often found that showing up in person, as opposed to calling/email, would make clients pay easily.

2. Make it easy for customers to pay
For example, consider setting up payment plans.
A lot of customers might struggle to pay $10K in one go, but they are more than happy to pay $50 a week.
When you suggest this, make sure you have all the forms to set up the payment ready to go and even offer to take the forms to the customer's bank (I'm from the UK, so I am not sure how it works in other countries).

3. Listen to the customers problems
When the customer explains why they cannot pay, listen to their reasons. Then recall these reasons when following up.
For example, when you first visit a customer, he might say he can't pay because "It's a quiet period". So when you follow up, you can start by saying "I know it's a quiet period but...". This disarms the customer, which makes it harder to avoid payment.
Try to find out when the customer is likely to get funds from their clients and follow up on those days when they have the money.

4. Be persistent.
If a customer says no, then schedule a time to follow up. Always be sure to follow up. Remind them of the payment plan.

iAmTrade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 28, 2015
New Jersey
Damn, that's a lot of bad debt. How long did it take to accumulate?

That was accumulated over 2 years. The nature of the business accounts for such bad debt, all in good time, I will collect.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL

You know you have to pay taxes once you collect, right?

EDIT: Everyone in here is posting in a bullshit thread. @iAmTrade stop lying to yourself, us, and actually F*cking do something. You're wasting everyone's time. Your own the most.

Here's a thread from @iAmTrade a couple months back: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...t-to-run-jump-off-a-cliff-leave-it-all.62996/.

Here's that thread in case he decides to edit it:

First I'm not suicidal, jumping off a cliff into the pristine waters beneath is a dream of mine. As for the rest...

I'm 24. Finished college in May, and it turns out I will not be using that degree for anything I want to pursue. I have less than $ 500.00, live with my parents, am single, and feel as though I am in the clutches of my parents.

Have tried to import/export goods in bulk, to find suppliers are not real, or buyers are just clueless intermediaries (I'm not too far from clueless but I think I have the handle as to how this should all work, the process etc).

So, I was working construction- commercial roofing for my father, who does not pay me (yet pays my expenses...cell phone bill...hmm I'm under his roof? (That is about it...working for no $ to me has made me learn/accept that "to work=NO $)...hence my entrepreneurial spirit. He gives me money on occasion, that he will just ask for back... he, who has "kicked" me out of the house and then the next morning says "nah, I was joking", seriously?!...about 3-4 times...

My parents want me to get married...sigh, NOPE...I'm a broke a$$ "little boy..." that's how I think of it to myself...they think obligations will move me forward in life. I agree, but marriage is not the way. Aside from that- I firmly and wholeheartedly believe that listening to my parents (mostly my father) has been the worst thing I could have done in my entire life. Obedience is fine at times, but nope. This is just excessive.

------------
So...I see import/export isn't working out too well- especially with the deal sizes I have been looking into...I want to continue to do this but I need money NOW... I had a piece of software I created in High School...and want to go full time into selling that software to small businesses on a monthly or yearly contract, it is only about $ 160.00 a month or close to $ 2,000 for a yearly contract. Today I registered the business, working/will have a brochure/pricing/sales data/contracts etc ready by end of the day.

Tomorrow I want to go to staples, have them printed on fine paper, laminated, so I don't have to keep wasting $ on getting new ones etc. And I want go make sales, concept has been proven, software works, I see a large market for it...

--------

My problem/why I am here, making this post... My life sucks... SOOOO much. I hate it, despise it, dread it. I want to make some money, about $ 5,000.00 and have been told countless times by friends to move out...

I'm Albanian. Not sure if you have any Albanian friends, know a family etc...but things are culturally strict...impeccably! A son leaving the house = soo much gossip towards my family name etc... but I want to...

Can I really just leave?... my father is in his 50's...already speaks of me- making $ "soon" to help with his bills etc... I haven't voiced it but wth would I want to stay here for...with all the restrictions, telling me what to do etc...I despise it, as I said previously.

He has a friend starting a new restaurant---he, my father wants me to work nights there... I have never been a waiter, I don't even want to do it... I want to just stick to making sales for the software/business I started, and when possible expand/expand...expand...while getting back into import/export (my dream). I "must" go work as a waiter nights, so that I can make some $(so I can just give it to them?>?!?)...MORE IMPORTANTLY so I can avoid conflict with my household...

Thoughts...comments... any comments, even if rude are welcome... What would you do in my situation...

I have no one else to talk to. I'm a shy/quiet guy unless I become more comfortable with you first (doesn't seem to hinder my "ok" sales skills on the field...yes I'm reading into improving there too), no friends (does 1 person count...who is a few states away from me now)...

And here's the original post in this thread in case he tries to change his story to "Oh, I'm doing this for a client. Not myself."

Its almost January 1st 2016, this is not a New Years Resolution.

This is a (new business)?, an opportunity (this one) that I have been meaning to fully delve into, starting January 1st, 2016.

I am owed $ 762,000.00, yes, I did say $762,000.00 that is a lot. Will I get it all, I do not believe so.

I hope to collect 50-75% of that amount, $ 381,000.00 in hopefully 3 Months, collecting it in 6 months is still leaving me to be a happy guy.

Planning on how to make it happen currently & will make it happen.

Not entirely sure on the exact specifics of it all. Have tons of things to still figure out.

That's it for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

iAmTrade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 28, 2015
New Jersey
No reason to go change my first post on this forum.

Everything in that thread is true and so is everything in this thread. Simple enough.

No side tracks, lies, deceits etc,.

I just didn't state how I came to be the one those accounts need to get paid to.

And thats good. I would like to keep doing this on my own if its profitable for me- why share?

@AgainstAllOdds thanks for the grim reminder of my current life- makes me happy knowing I'm working towards changing it.

Learner Guy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
May 10, 2015
Sell the debt to someone, or get a debt collector working on it for a share (if you get anything more than 30% I think you'd be doing well although I have no knowledge about Albania whatsoever)

iAmTrade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 28, 2015
New Jersey
Little update-

So we all know my Accounts/Receivables are out of whack and inefficient. Trying to setup a different system for the accounts receivable department.

New merchant account is still in process for application (I pose a high risk it seems).

Have an office space, paying 6months for the lease in advance so I can receive a discount on the monthly term by about 50% since it is in a financially distressed commercial office building. I am receiving a very good bargain.

Will have furniture/desks/chairs/computers soon enough. Will post pics when ready in a week hopefully.

Creating job descriptions for 2-3 employees I'll hire to help collect payment.

On top of everything- I am going to have this all run in a European country where the population is smart/well educated/consists of an English speaking people. Average pay for people in the country is 300-400$ monthly...that is phenomenal, since it cuts my costs down by 3/4 for staffing.

Total budget to start operations is $5,000.00

So far I am still under this by $750.00

Monthly running expenses will run 750$, will project/budget $1,000.00 for monthly expenses for 2 employees, office and so on.

Expected output/profit per employee during the first month is projected to be EXPONENTIALLY LARGER than my initial investment.

Let us say- I hope things work out to my expectations.

Also, the country is Macedonia- I only say it, because I pay 10% income taxes :) was born there, and love vacationing there, especially during the summer, where the population practically doubles from tourists. No reason I can't take a tax-deductible vacation to the country from here in NJ.

That is all I have for now.

iAmTrade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 28, 2015
New Jersey
Little update: Merchant account to collect has been completed... after WEEKS of applications and denials.

Will figure a system to collect, calls etc. and make those calls. Will come back when I have anything to report.

iAmTrade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 28, 2015
New Jersey
I have things to report :p

So first off...I'm in Europe, and instead of being owed 765k$... I, by the middle of next week, will be owed- a total of $ 1,515,000.00 :)

Minus a little over 20k$ I have collected with someone else these last 3 months or so.

So what I have been up to? First... an office, had 4 employees hired and they started yesterday Monday the 7th.
Its a European country, they have accents, there is a language barrier, but labor is super cheap, I mean like $300.00 a month per employee.

So what I have spent so far... $ on computer, plane ticket here, hotel (paid 230$ for it, for a month!!!) have $ in the bank for the employees for the month, have internet hooked up, bought desks, phones, etc... Total spent...A little less than $ 10,000.00 :/

Still much cheaper than in the USA...BY A LOT!

Even took Pics!! Courtesy of an iPhone. http://imgur.com/a/sfvWO

I'm the handsome guy who took a selfie (not the one standing by the door

Enough showing off...

Yesterday had 4 employees, each receiving a commission of 5% on the total commission amount, to average about 1k$ in income a month...ppl in this country make 200-400 USD a month... So, 1,000$ would have been AWESOME for them... Even have 200$ bonuses in place when they reach certain milestones. Thats basically an entire months worth of pay in salary for performing well. I dunno how else to incentivize them.

Well... 2 employees didn't show up today. Called the next runner up, won't pickup the phone. Another found a different job that is "easier" their words.

1 of them couldn't come because it interfered with school.
1 of them said it was too "hard"... I'm thinking seriously?!?! They have a script, a way to keep track of whom they have contacted- they just have to follow directions... she spoke English very well, all-be-it with an accent, which I don't mind/plays only a small impact on the phone calls. All employees females...read somewhere that females are more sympathetic and relate better to people on the phone than men do.

Well anyways- Only have 2 people left as employees. Back to looking for employees...will post on the want-help adds or such again. Was hard enough to find them, oh well. I would rather a quiter leave now, as opposed to later... One of her objections was - I have to put away my phone? 2, yen minute breaks every 2 hours and a 45 minute lunch? Really... I want a break all the time... It feels like a "prison"??

Seriously- not sure where she is getting that from, I provide coffee, dinner, $, health insurance after 3 months for the family and I can't find employees? Of course I can! Will look tomorrow or the day after.

This week is all training- what to say- what to do, rebuttals to use etc. Teaching them how to use the system I have in place to take phone calls, make calls, keep track of calls, and earnings etc. (I think this is what scared one of the girls that quit, and had those complaints)...

----
What I learned- first- shit goes wrong- ONE WAY OR ANOTHER...be prepared to adjust your schedule and think on the spot...

I had a file, EVERYTHING I was going to teach for the WEEK...was in that one file. What happened? Computer froze on the first day RIGHT before employees started walking in... GONE. WAM. Done... I got soo friggen tense. I was more nervous than they were I bet.

Took a few notes on paper next to me, and just "winged" it. Did okay. Definitely need a better system to teach/train employees.

So far, I am down the gutter a fairly large amount of $. I hope to teach them everything, and to have them start earning $$ for me, starting next week.

Office is simple, has 4 desks for employees, 1 for me. Can fit about 4 more desks comfortably. I don't plan to be in this office for more than 6 months, as the lease is paid for a full 6 months. Will see how it goes, and hopefully move into a larger much more spacious location where I can hire 50 employees comfortably in a call center setting.

--------
My username says "IamTrade"... let me just add, that this thing took a complete turn!... instead of working in an import/export field... I'm doing something completely different. Still my dream is x...and I'm not there yet.

So yea...thats the update :)

Will report how much $ we make by the end of next week, when they make phone calls. (I will not include what I collect myself, that is not a business, that is just "me" providing for myself until this can provide for me instead).

I'm excited- and scared A TON at the same dam time. The entire world knows I opened an office with employees etc... Can't fail, not for them, but for me. Would feel soo darn pathetic/like a loser to not make this work... I expect to liquidate 10% in a few months statistically, its what I can expect according to other operations.

Thats okay with me.

Thoughts, or comments? Feel free to ask. I hope I can come back with great news- soon enough I will.

From Trade.

iAmTrade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 28, 2015
New Jersey
No replies, no questions... Interesting.

Guess it makes sense, currently have no success to show.

iAmTrade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 28, 2015
New Jersey
Update: Monday the 14th, employees started collection calls etc.

Made $ 450.00 on Monday. Tuesday, made nothing. Yesterday, made $ 1,300.00.
When I say made, I say, processed the payment for/collected. What ends up in the bank is a different story. So far, can't tell, merchant deposits funds, if successful after 3-5 days. If they go through successfully- that would be $ 1,750.00 made in 3 days worth of "work," this doesn't include the 1 week spent training.

Also, I should note, 2 employees/quit/cannot come for whatever reason, maybe they're better off making 150$ a month instead of their salary of 300$ and 5% commission.

So I am down to 2 employees. I will say this- before starting offices in countries that are not the USA... make sure you have a way to find employees with the skills you need for the job (in this case, people who can speak English with some level of acceptable proficiency).

2 employees = 600$ salary... That leaves me with $ 1,150.00. I am still in the red, in terms of capital used to start this little operation, and still want at least 4 reliable employees instead of my current 2, and am looking etc.

That's the update:
1. Started making money this week.
2. Make sure you have a larger/more easily accessible employee pool.
3. Hang in there, things rise and fall- always, but never remain on the ground.

iAmTrade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 28, 2015
New Jersey
I keep all of it, minus merchant fees and employees/expenses.

I have an update. So, we had 1 week training. 1 week of radical collections that only led to $1,750.00...Today..Monday... Only Monday I made $840.00, green. Have a debtor who will pay $ 500 Wednesday and another to pay $450.00 tomorrow. I also have a payment plan for 2 people, both to pay $ 200.00 every week on Friday for 5 weeks. So that's another $2,000.00 to come in.

Total outcome out of today's "work"... $ 840+500+450+2000=$3,790.00 If I can keep up these results for 20 days a month...$75,800.00 this month. I'm in a country (where I was born, Macedonia), where the average salary is 300-500$ for the middle class...around 2-3k a month for the upper class...

My results above. I doubt I can get 75.8k this month alone...but I'll aim for half that :)

So, I'll be up to 4 employees tomorrow. Had 2, hired 2 more today, to start tomorrow at 300$ a month each.

That's all I have for now.

Wish me luck.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
I keep all of it, minus merchant fees and employees/expenses.

I have an update. So, we had 1 week training. 1 week of radical collections that only led to $1,750.00...Today..Monday... Only Monday I made $840.00, green. Have a debtor who will pay $ 500 Wednesday and another to pay $450.00 tomorrow. I also have a payment plan for 2 people, both to pay $ 200.00 every week on Friday for 5 weeks. So that's another $2,000.00 to come in.

Total outcome out of today's "work"... $ 840+500+450+2000=$3,790.00 If I can keep up these results for 20 days a month...$75,800.00 this month. I'm in a country (where I was born, Macedonia), where the average salary is 300-500$ for the middle class...around 2-3k a month for the upper class...

My results above. I doubt I can get 75.8k this month alone...but I'll aim for half that :)

So, I'll be up to 4 employees tomorrow. Had 2, hired 2 more today, to start tomorrow at 300$ a month each.

That's all I have for now.

Wish me luck.

This is a very interesting thread! Keep updating with you progress.

Although I am currently working on online services business, I am very interested in opening one of the offices for different business idea in my home country (Lithuania), too, where the salary level is very similar to Macedonia's :)

Good luck!

iAmTrade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 28, 2015
New Jersey
UPDATE!

Okay, I am back in the states. Was in Europe for 6.5 months... working on this business.

I presently have 7 employees total salary expense of $ 2,100.00. Telephone/internet/office lease/electrical bill total expense average of $ 2,969.50.

Total collected in this month and its only the 29th... $ 19,285.00.
Of which most are post dates. Payments processed this month so far $ 14,473.00 of which only $ 11,028.15 cleared/went into my account.

So with $ 11,028.15 - 2,969.50= $ 8,058.65. Pocketed this month.

I have been seriously contemplating closing up shop. This is a supposed to be a business and I'm only hitting 10-14k green into my account a month. I average a the couple thousand to use a month and this is my only source of income...

-------
I read a thread where people on this forum take $3,000.00 to $ 1,000,000 in 15 months... https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/3-000-to-1-000-000-in-15-months-how-to-do-it.513/

You gotta be $hitting me. This stuff isn't easy whatsoever.

I thought when I'd start this things would go according to plan, that notion was not further from the truth then a guy in hell is to going to escaping and breaking into heaven. I have had employees quit, argue/get fired and return all in 6 months. Have had issues with employees thinking they need to get paid more $ because this is an American company. They don't see all the figures, I do, and its a grim dam outlook.

I'm not sure how to really push this thing forward. I am not PUSHING past this stage I am in, in this company. Anyone have any insight as to how to get through this entirely? Stuck at around 11-14k a month income before expenses/taxes is NOT good. AND NOT where I want to stay.

I would love to be able to go ahead and hit 20k income a month. Then I would be a very happy man.

Any suggestions or ideas, or questions are welcomed.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
UPDATE!

Okay, I am back in the states. Was in Europe for 6.5 months... working on this business.

I presently have 7 employees total salary expense of $ 2,100.00. Telephone/internet/office lease/electrical bill total expense average of $ 2,969.50.

Total collected in this month and its only the 29th... $ 19,285.00.
Of which most are post dates. Payments processed this month so far $ 14,473.00 of which only $ 11,028.15 cleared/went into my account.

So with $ 11,028.15 - 2,969.50= $ 8,058.65. Pocketed this month.

I have been seriously contemplating closing up shop. This is a supposed to be a business and I'm only hitting 10-14k green into my account a month. I average a the couple thousand to use a month and this is my only source of income...

-------
I read a thread where people on this forum take $3,000.00 to $ 1,000,000 in 15 months... https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/3-000-to-1-000-000-in-15-months-how-to-do-it.513/

You gotta be $hitting me. This stuff isn't easy whatsoever.

I thought when I'd start this things would go according to plan, that notion was not further from the truth then a guy in hell is to going to escaping and breaking into heaven. I have had employees quit, argue/get fired and return all in 6 months. Have had issues with employees thinking they need to get paid more $ because this is an American company. They don't see all the figures, I do, and its a grim dam outlook.

I'm not sure how to really push this thing forward. I am not PUSHING past this stage I am in, in this company. Anyone have any insight as to how to get through this entirely? Stuck at around 11-14k a month income before expenses/taxes is NOT good. AND NOT where I want to stay.

I would love to be able to go ahead and hit 20k income a month. Then I would be a very happy man.

Any suggestions or ideas, or questions are welcomed.

Collection work is difficult, not many want to do it and the rate of people that are going to pay is usually around 5-10%, not 50-60%. Your paying each employee $300 a month to collect debt for you? That's insane and most likely your main issue.

WorkingOnIt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Nov 15, 2016
Macedonia, Europe- NJ, USA
I am Iamtrade, just I can't log into the account whatsoever anymore. Forgot the password from months ago and I don't believe I know which email I used to create it.

So, to continue where I left off-

I started this in Europe in March... I am presently in the NJ. USA and will go back to Europe in the beginning of December.

Some updates:

Have 13 employees, 4 part time, 9 full time. Average salary per employee (which is above average for the country) is at 300$ for point callers and 500$ for collectors, with a 200$ bonus if they bring me $ 5,000 that same month.

We're not doing great, but are doing well. Last month, made a little over 24,035$. My expenses were around $10,500 dollars. Minus 544$ for merchant processing fees. Was left with $12,991.00.

I have 2 problems though. What this fool did (me)... I wasn't making a lot of money in the beginning as you can see, I partnered (IF YOU CAN AVOID HAVING TO GET A PARTNER FOR ANYTHING, DO AVOID IT)... with someone at 50%... I was thinking I was going to do this in a way where I would sit back and relax while they taught the employees, and made things run smoothly.

So here I am, I'm working "in it" M-Friday, and am only raking in 50% of profits... That is only $ 6,495.50 a month for myself.

In September we made, gross $18,923$, in October we made gross, $24,035...this month it is the 25th of November, Gross is 30,950.42$

---
The company, is in my opinion, set up in a way where I and this partner of mine have very little to do, other than, pay employees/bills, and make sure we have a steady supply of debt.

YET, I am still in there working around 10-12 hours a day, doing a very important thing known as processing payments.

There are a couple of issues.
1. I am working around 10-12 hours a day doing administrative/clerical things/processing payments...
2. The profit is not high enough in my opinion. If it were not for the partner, who is now just laying back and doing nothing but ensuring a supply of debt... who is taking 50% of profit. If he wasn't there, I would be taking 12-13k a month profit easy. I would be a VERY HAPPY MAN, with that, especially in Europe, where average wage is less than $ 1,000 a month in a number of nice countries.

3. I need a way to skyrocket earnings/profit.

------------------
So to fix what I have going on...

My plan for when I go back in December 8th, is to hire an employee to do EVERYTHING I do... and at 400$ a month salary. Hopefully this employee will remove my need to be in the office for myself to do other things, or to free my time up to work "on" the business. To work in the business is always needed, but to work on the business is MOST IMPORTANT.

That will fix issue number 1.

To fix issue 2 and 3... I have noticed that it is not the number of employees which increases profit, but their knowledge and know-how in the business. I have also found that it is ONLY DEBT, that is the issue in this industry.

What do I mean? Partner and I, do not have $ to throw into this. In NJ, with a residence and bills etc, $ 6,000 doesn't get anyone far.

Here... we have debt. Think of debt as "inventory." The more inventory available, the more you can sell. We close about 12-15% of the portfolio value.

We need to make another debt purchase or we're going to start dipping back into the gross income of around 10k.

That would not be good. Anyone have any insight as to how to make things work? How to grow this properly? Any tips/any ideas whatsoever would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

WorkingOnIt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Nov 15, 2016
Macedonia, Europe- NJ, USA
Update:

No longer working "with" anyone. All on my own now. That's double* the profit.

Why? Long story short, people have different management styles. As a result, splitting ways/I will have 5-6 employees, and 3 new hires by Mid January.

What next:
1. Take this new treasure trove of income/profit and use it in the purchase of inventory monthly.
2. Hire someone to replace me (have 2-3 employees that will start work mid January).
3. Concentrate on the training of employees, the overall management of employees/set strong-measurable rewarding procedures/goals in place.
4. I have to some extent come up with a percentage ratio of, office fund/payment to self/business balance sheet increase for necessary expansion/inventory purchases.

Goal for this year...

1. Grow from average of $32,000 USD monthly to $60,000 mid year (June) and hit $ 100,000.00 monthly by the end of the year.
2. Do NOT increase my living costs, just because I have more disposable income.
3. Have 25 employees- well trained by end of August. With half of the employees bringing an average of 8.5-11.5k USD a month/while the other half is "still learning/also possible for the support/administrative/other tasks necessary for a well functioning office."
4. When we reach $100,000 before December 2017- expand to 10 more employees with an increase gross of 8.5-11.5k a month per employee.

5. Get engaged/married to a beautiful young woman that is everything I could ever want in a woman.
6. Have the financial ability to open another office in a different city and repeat the process with at least $ 100,000.00 for the new office fund.

That is all I have for now. Questions? Anyone have ideas?

[REMOVED BY MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Good job... sent you a PM.

Looking forward to chatting. Surprised this thread didn't get more attention. I guess it's because you didn't post a meme about being a lion and doing lion shit.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Anyone have ideas?

Please stop posting solicitations for investments unless you plan on being removed. This forum is not a funding / investment source. Thank you.

Chimp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 30, 2016
No longer working "with" anyone. All on my own now. That's double* the profit.
Happy for you.

You should really add a profile pic. You look like another faceless member who drops by once and runs off!

edit: perfect

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.