The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Sell-Me Saturday is Now Live!

Have something to sell? Want to promote your design service or a YouTube channel? SELL-ME SATURDAY is your opportunity to self-promote anything within the sphere of entrepreneurship on one thread... and at no cost. Go There
    Note: Indiscriminate SEO backlinking to questionable material is not allowed.
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

Cold Calling Script?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

MoreVolume

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Oct 6, 2016
NC
My company sells a product. I've been able to get on the shelves of retail stores locally by simply walking in and talking to management.
Now it's time to reach out to stores in other states. I don't plan on using my gas miles to do it lol.

It's time to make some cold calls.
My problem is, I don't know where to start. What to say.

Is there a formula to making cold calls?
Are there any key phrases, statements or questions that should be made to potential retail customers?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MTEE1985

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
GOLD! - Getting Rid of Cold Calling Anxiety Using Brute Force

This thread can probably help more than anything. Very tough to offer insights without knowing your product, the benefits it provides as well is the return it will provide the stores who carry out. Only you know those things.

Your best option is just start calling and learning from there. You may find it’s actually more efficient to use the time and gas to be there in person.

Alternatively a commissioned sales person who could go there in person for you.

sparechange

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver/Calgary)
I used to do outbound calling for political fundraising (manged to make tons of money for my shit head boss)

Hi am I speaking with Carl? (Yes this is Carl) Hey Carl, I'm just reaching out to some local businesses and we have created a product that's been doing 500 trillion dollars a day in sales.

Were currently trying to expand our horizons and would love to get into retail in the surrounding area, what do you say we send over some product and get a trial run going Carl?

* At this point when/if you get an objection keep mentioning your numbers assuming they're as good as my 500 trillion dollars a day * Anticipate what he would most likely say like we don't have shelf space or whatever.

The most important things I'd think are mentioning the benefits of having your product and the numbers you are currently doing. Even offering some free publicity for they're retail store by driving traffic, whether online or offline. End of the day you scratch they're back, they'll scratch yours.

godfather.jpg

sparechange

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver/Calgary)
Ive never read the books just thinking they would be a good idea, check out Jordan Belfort.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
Hey Carl, I'm just reaching out to some local businesses and we have created a product that's been doing 500 trillion dollars a day in sales.
My click couldn't come quick or aggressive enough.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just Enrolled to "Start a Freelance Business: Take back your freedom Now" Thanks! @Lex...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

The 2020 Fastlane Summit

This event SOLD OUT in October. For authorized resale tickets, please check ticket resales or contact the forum directly.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom