The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cold Calling or Sending Email

Aurelius

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Oct 1, 2019
Hi!

Besides my Ecom shop, I decided to offer my copywriting services to different businesses in my area.
I have planned to do some work for free in order to get some long term and trusty relationships.

I hesitate between these 2: cold calling or sending emails (or both?)

I hesitate to cold call because I may find the dumb secretary on the phone 99% she won’t even understand a word I am saying.

On the other side, I hesitate to send an email because there is no human contact.

Here is the beginning of my speech in case I decide to cold call:

Hi! My name is Christian and I help bussinesses like yours to get more clients...
  • I am offering my help for free
  • Do you have 60 seconds so I can share the idea with you?”
And then I tell them what they are lacking for and I ask them if I have the permission to modify their texts, blabla. They could use my work even if it’s free no strings attached.

What do you think?

And what kind of businesses can I target? I tried to look for some businesses while I am out in the city, and I can’t really figure what can I do lol: real estate agencies? More real estate agencies? (The only idea I have so far)

Thank you for your time

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Hey man, you're asking for a LOT here. You're asking us to make your lead generation decisions for you AND figure out who you should target for you.

How the hell should we know? We don't know what you're good at.

You also ask what we think... as if what we think matters. Dude, you know your business and your skillsets better than anyone. You are the one who decides whether to do it or not.

It looks like you're finding reasons to hesitate. Looking for reasons why you shouldn't do it. This is common, I get it, I suffer from it too. But that is a habit that you MUST break if you're going to get anywhere, especially doing direct sales for business services.

Instead of asking "should I cold call or cold email" maybe ask "If I had to cold call to get copywriting clients: who should I call, how should I position my services, and what should I offer?" This is what you're trying to ask but aren't.

Aurelius

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Oct 1, 2019
Hey man, you're asking for a LOT here. You're asking us to make your lead generation decisions for you AND figure out who you should target for you.

How the hell should we know? We don't know what you're good at.

You also ask what we think... as if what we think matters. Dude, you know your business and your skillsets better than anyone. You are the one who decides whether to do it or not.

It looks like you're finding reasons to hesitate. Looking for reasons why you shouldn't do it. This is common, I get it, I suffer from it too. But that is a habit that you MUST break if you're going to get anywhere, especially doing direct sales for business services.

Instead of asking "should I cold call or cold email" maybe ask "If I had to cold call to get copywriting clients: who should I call, how should I position my services, and what should I offer?" This is what you're trying to ask but aren't.

I am sorry, I haven’t quite understood what you mean here. Maybe I am the one who has mixed my words but here it’s what I ask:
• What is the best decision for a copywriter looking for clients: cold calling or cold emailing
• A constructive critique on my pickup line, if it’s persuasive enough.

I am not hesitating on whether or not I should take action, I am simply hesitating on the approach with my potential clients. Even if I don t get any answers, I will still do it depending on my jugement

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Two points.

Major point: The secretary is not dumb

Minor point: Write me a sales letter convincing me to buy from you. More chance of it being read than an email and congruent with what you wish to sell as a service.

Dan

Pete799p

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Aug 18, 2011
Both - every client is different some prefer phone communication others email or text etc.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.