• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.

O/T: Health Coconut oil vs canola oil

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by ProblemSolving, Aug 11, 2017.

1. ProblemSolving

ProblemSolving Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $227
    At the supermarket today, I was about to buy coconut oil.
    A quick look online said that coconut oil less healthy than the canola oil.

But I was still compelled to buy coconut oil.
    Why?
    Because coconut oil was more scarce.
    Plus the beautiful, healthy looking package.
    Plus the higher price.

So it's a good marketing lesson.
    But it's a bad health decision to get coconut oil.

2. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,860
    Where does it say coconut oil is unhealthy? There was a bogus article that made its around the internet a few months ago but all the research points to numerous benefits of MCT of coconut oil, not to mention it's anti viral, fungal and bacterial.

Ninjakid, tiagosoares17.22 and cmor16 like this.
  3. cmor16

cmor16 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,113
    Canola oil has major ties to the food processing industry so naturally, there will be propaganda out there promoting it's benefits and denouncing the benefits of whatever alternatives are trendy.

4. Millenial_Kid5K1

Millenial_Kid5K1 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,947
    Canola is dirt cheap to produce, highly processed, and comes from a plant that is toxic in its natural form.

5. JAJT

JAJT Ha Ha! Business Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $48,195
    Pretty sure canola oil pretty regularly makes the "avoid this shit" lists pretty much everywhere, and where it doesn't I've never seen it on top of the other healthier oils like avocado, coconut, olive, etc...

Personally I use ghee (clarified butter) for cooking, because it makes everything taste better. Everything!
    I use olive oil for mostly cold applications (dressings and marinades and such)
    I only grab for the "shit" oils (canolda, corn, veg, etc..) when I'm basically deep frying. And if I'm deep frying - I'm not terribly concerned with health at that moment.

6. mike24601

mike24601 Consumption Bear Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,413
    In years past the coconut oils, lard, and butter have been shown to be good choices compared to hydrogenated shortening and margarines. The Scandinavians consume a lot of canola oil, just like the Italians consume olive oil, and they have good longevity and low rates of heart disease compared to the US. I try to cook with coconut oil over olive oil because olive oil forms double bonds and oxidizes when exposed to high heat. I reserve good California EVOO for dressing pasta and salads and things. Only grass fed butter for my toast, rich in vitamin K2 and heart protecting substances. Yum!

Elbert Dockery and cmor16 like this.
  7. shanem56

shanem56 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $153
    The only oil I use for cooking is coconut oil. It is a way way way better choice, stick with Coconut oil..... Avoid Canola, Vegetable etc.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    cmor16 likes this.
  8. AllenCrawley

AllenCrawley Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $74,249
    Uh, no.

9. AllenCrawley

AllenCrawley Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $74,249
  10. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $42,970
    This guy is one of my favorite youtube channels.

That Coconut Oil video got pretty real. His flowchart at the end is probably accurate.

MidwestLandlord, cmor16, Scot and 3 others like this.
  11. JAJT

JAJT Ha Ha! Business Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $48,195
    Man, that satire guy is KILLING it with his videos.

12. Elbert Dockery

Elbert Dockery Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $583
    Coconut oil and olive oil are the only oils I use. I've heard great things about avocado oil and grape seed oil but haven't used it. Those other oils are extremely processed and will have you on the phone dialing blue cross customer service asking for the silver or gold package. I hope people begin to take their health very serious and know that there is a direct relationship with the food and pharmaceutical industries. Your never 100% safe because all the foods in the store is still refined or sprayed with something a little bit. Unless of course your growing your own food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Millenial_Kid5K1

Millenial_Kid5K1 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,947
    I use pretty much anything natural. Coconut oil, avocado oil, olive oil, grass-fed butter, tallow, pastured lard, duck fat.

You may argue that these are all unhealthy, but remember: these are the oils/fats people used for cooking before the obesity crisis was a thing.

tiagosoares17.22 likes this.
  14. mike24601

mike24601 Consumption Bear Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,413
    With so much conflicting information on the subject of health and diet, the best advice I can give is to enjoy everything in moderation. We know our ancestors enjoyed eating copious amounts of fat, and they also died in their thirties or early forties from any number of maladies, usually before late age diseases like heart disease and cancer could set in. Benjamin Franklin lived to be a ripe old 84, and he died in 1790! He lived more than twice the average life expectancy of his day, and exceeded the average life expectancy for American males in 2017 as well! He exercised, got plenty of rest, eschewed alcohol and ate lots of vegetables and enjoyed things in moderation.

My mom ate margarine and avoided fats and cooked with olive oil, and yet at 61 she completed a triple heart bypass surgery last summer--clogged arteries. I moderate my fat intake, eat carbs in whole grain form and eat NO refined sugar to lower my overall risk of disease, because going Fastlane demands that you maintain your most precious asset above all else: your health.

15. Elbert Dockery

Elbert Dockery Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $583
    IMG_0795.jpg

I'll just leave this here.... iodine, Vitamin D and Omega 3s are key vitamins so many people lack. As entrepreneurs we need to be at top performance mentally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. fhs8

fhs8 Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,492
    Coconut oil and canola oil aren't healthy for most people because they're very high in omega 6's and high in calories. Coconut oil is worse because it contains lots of saturated fat. If you want to help clog your arteries then use coconut oil.

17. tiagosoares17.22

tiagosoares17.22 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $273
    Apologies for my lack of energy. I was only starting out to make videos.

One of the things I mentioned in the video was that those fats besides the fact that are more stable at higher temperatures, they also help us to get a better ratio between Omega-3 and Omega-6.

An easy explanation I can give to all of you is to see Omega-3 as anti-inflammatory fatty acid and Omega-6 as an inflammatory fatty acid. The truth is that we need both, however, nowadays Americans are eating a ratio of 1 to 16. This means they get a lot more inflammatory than anti-inflammatory fatty acids. And that becomes a problem, or in fact, many.

So an easy solution for avoiding those problems is just to avoid those type of oils as much as possible and to consume a supplement of Omega-3 (if possible).

ZF Lee likes this.
  18. Azure

Azure Perpetual Motion Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,406
    MCT Saturated Fats are slightly different than most saturated fats. MCT fats are actually good for you.

cmor16 likes this.