The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

CMS or programming website which one is better ?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane
A

Anon101637

Hi guys it's Alexis Autotte ! I came here to ask a question about computer science stuffs and now the semester is soon finishing and this summer I want to build the website dedicated to the Achilles brand some friends of mine are helping me for the moment to host the server and a question comes to my head. I'm really good at computer science stuffs and building applications especially mobile applications but I lack website application strength such as web design, css stuffs etc. etc. I have a little job for my friend's business with photoshop so I have enough money to be profitable if I save up at the end of the month and paying the hosting service is not a problem for me I plan to use Angular for the website of my company within a C# Asp. Net core backend. What I saw on the millionaire fastlane book is that when MJ de Marco built is website CMS where non existent at this moment and he had to program all the thing by himself so it must have been pretty hard since he went to library and couldn't afford the books. Today, you have CMS system that allows you to easily make a website but I wonder if it's so easy to build a website within a CMS what's the point to have employee that work for you if you could do all the thing by yourself of course some functionality and automation can be done within Shopify but I feel like if I program by myself the website I would save up more money and I feel like I would have more freedom to put the content like blog navigation section etc. etc. And not only that but you have to pay for the service which charge like couple of hundred per month depending on your plan. So is it better to build a website with programming knowledge or use a CMS system ? I plan to have a job as a backend developer after finishing my degree so I'll boost my backend skills and I plan to build the website with Angular to boost my frontend skills and learn how the selling work in general and launch my fastlane business and work my a$$ off towards financial freedom

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DrWumbo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Sep 22, 2016
Most websites are better off within a CMS like Duda. Way less maintenance to deal with.

More custom solutions, you need to have that programming experience.

I'd say 90-95% websites do not need any knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS. Duda, Wordpress, Webflow etc can do a ton.

SeanLewis

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
330%
Aug 7, 2019
Sweden
Your customers don't care about what tech you use.

What sort of website are you building? you mentioned shopify, if you're starting an ecommerce store then building your own from scratch is "action faking". Get selling as fast as possible and validate your idea/product.

A

Anon101637

Your customers don't care about what tech you use.

What sort of website are you building? you mentioned shopify, if you're starting an ecommerce store then building your own from scratch is "action faking". Get selling as fast as possible and validate your idea/product.
I'm building a website dedicated to the Achilles brand a little like gymshark I want to have my own ecommerce on my website, blog sections, a chatbot for automation etc.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SeanLewis

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
330%
Aug 7, 2019
Sweden
I'm building a website dedicated to the Achilles brand a little like gymshark I want to have my own ecommerce on my website, blog sections, a chatbot for automation etc.
Go for it. You could set that up with Shopify in a day maybe two. There is no need to build it from scratch, sure you might save $29 but you'll spend 2 months building it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.