The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cloud Hosting Idea

Idea threads

Does it help?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alex_golub

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 4, 2019
Hi guys,

I love this forum and I wanted to share something with you.

I see you guys are looking for ideas to make a side-hustle money machine, but most of them need an initial investment.

So, let me share an idea... maybe it can help some of you.

Bunnyshell is a platform that connects to your cloud provider (aws, google cloud, digital ocean, azure and azure stack) and it helps you manage it through simple clicks.
This means, no more coding to maintain a server, especially on cloud.

Premise #1: Initial zero costs -> It costs you nothing to create an account at aws \ digital ocean.
Premise #2: Bunnyshell is free for the moment -> It costs you nothing to create an account.

Context: Most of the websites are on shared hosting\VPS and want to migrate to cloud, for better performance. But because of the set-up, a cloud server needs technical knowledge and it's hard to do it internally. That's why companies search for Providers, so they don't have to stress about this. Just like in the shared hosting\vps scenario.

Now... some companies started the same model of a Shared Hosting\VPS business and they turned to cloud.
They're offering Managed Cloud Hosting.
Same business model = the customer pays a fixed amount per month to have his website hosted somewhere. If he grows and needs more computer resources, he gets upgraded to a bigger payment plan.

-------------------------

Without having the server know-how, you can do it too...

Solution: You create an account with a cloud provider (digital ocean even gives you free credits. search on google)... then you create an account on bunnyshell.
Once you've connected the accounts, you'll be able to create servers\environments for your customers.

You can acquire customers for cloud hosting and put a margin as high as you want. What you ask is what you get...

And the cherry on top is...

If you want to install Wordpress or Magento for a new customer, you just simply do it in just 1 click. (look for 1 click app marketplace)
If your customer wants a business intelligence tool -> You can 1 click install Metabase
If your customer wants an email marketing tool -> You can 1 click install Mautic
And many more.

All on cloud. All you can manage, through a platform.

That's just my perception of how you can start a side business.

After all these steps, all you have to do is to find customers. Email marketing\ cold calling \ whatever you think would work. This forum is full of useful advice.

That's all. I hope it helps.

-------------------------

Full Disclosure: I'm working at Bunnyshell.
My story: I've started 3 years ago, a web design & digital marketing agency with a childhood friend. We didn't know how to acquire customers constantly, so we had to shut down the business after 2 years. In my attempts to get hired, I landed here (bunnyshell). The reason why I'm disclosing this business model is that our platform is aimed at another audience (developers, sys-admins & devops). We've talked about all the uses cases of our platform and we realized that we don't want to focus on these channels, but we don't mind if somebody else does.

And because the past 2 years I've been actively reading this forum, I wanted to share back some love with you guys.

Cheers,
Alex

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MichaelCash

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Apr 7, 2013
New York
Good idea. To me AWS looks too complicated with hundreds of services they offer.
Sometimes, there is no way to create kubernetes or spark or ... cluster if you are not an admin and don't have much experience.
It would be nice to have some more lightweight UI. What you need to think is how hard it is to give a third party app access to your AWS/Digital ocean account. It might be tricky

alex_golub

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 4, 2019
Good idea. To me AWS looks too complicated with hundreds of services they offer.
Sometimes, there is no way to create kubernetes or spark or ... cluster if you are not an admin and don't have much experience.
It would be nice to have some more lightweight UI. What you need to think is how hard it is to give a third party app access to your AWS/Digital ocean account. It might be tricky

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the feedback. Are you keen to be a beta tester for v2 of our product? :D

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
If you want to advertise on this forum there are ways to do so.

Check the rules if you plan on sticking around the forums.

Thanks

(moved to landfill)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!