The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cleaning Company: Need Help With A Bid

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
Crazy thing happened today, a guy I sent an email to like 4 months ago contacted me and wants to sell his current porter business. It is not his main job and doesn't have time to really manage it. He was 3 employees and 21 properties he maintains and he personally owns 6 of the properties in which he said he would extend the contract to me no problem. He has 1 year contracts in place and has had these clients for 5 to 6 years. No debt and no real assets. All he has is 21 contracts and 3 contract employees.

Has anyone ever put a valuation on a business like this? 1.5 X Revenue? He will send me all the details (p&L, budget, contracts) next week. PS I may start a new conversation for this.
I bought my cleaning business for a 0.7x multiple of annual EBITDA. 1.5X of revenue is WAYY too high for this type of business. You should be looking at 1-2x of EBITDA.

1x if things are stable/requires owner involvement regularly, which it sounds like.
2x if things are growing & management is in place.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rafaelmcalle

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 26, 2019
Fastlaners,

I have created a new (1 year old) retail cleaning business (Day Porters) and have my first major bid for 6 retails centers. I currently only bid and have contracts for smaller centers that do no need service 7 days a week. Therefore I am having problems coming up with a solid hourly rate.

Are there any fastlaners that own a commercial retail cleaning business (parking lot sweepers, pressure washers, security, etc) that can chime in on an hourly rate or how they go about giving a solid bid? I am not clueless, just having a hard time nailing down an hourly rate. I do not want to come in too low or too high for obvious reasons.

Yes I know this is taboo or whatever to ask, but I am a small company with 4 employees looking to break into the big time, the help would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Hi!!

What cities do you service? We rent dumpster for home clean ups. Maybe I can help you.
www.dumpstermaxx.com

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.