The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

cleaning company corp type

felipe316

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 1, 2008
If I want to incorporate a cleaning company what is the best way to do it? I mean, talking about Taxes, it is LLC the best option? Or what is the best one? The idea is, at the beginning, work with no more than 10 employees in the New York State.

thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Will you have partners?
Are you planning to have employees or Independent Contractors?

Megan H

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Nov 26, 2007
Reno, NV
Hi Felipe,

The answer depends on a couple of things, most notably your income. If you expect to earn $300k+, then a C Corporation, or an LLC that elects C Corp taxation is a good bet. If you expect to take home less than $300k per year, an S Corporation, or LLC taxed as an S Corporation will give you better tax benefits.

Of course, in New York, state taxes will also factor in. Corporations typically pay about 6.85 to 7.5% on earned net income. S Corps calculate their franchise tax differently; it comes out to somewhere between $100 and $800/year. And LLCs are different again, but for this purpose you'd be going with C or S Taxation.

Hope this helps,

Megan H

Megan H

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Nov 26, 2007
Reno, NV
You're welcome :)

Let me know if you need help with the paperwork. My business helps others to get set up in all 50 states, plus we offer bookkeeping, accounting and tax services, and general business advice/assistance.

Megan H

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.