The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
Well, I'm one week away from my commencement and finally graduating with my bachelor's degree.

I'm certain at least a few other members of the forum are members of the class of 2021, so I wanted to create this thread.

We're graduating in unique circumstances, but if you're a member of this forum, I know you're the kind of person to overcome challenges.

Of course, feedback and support from anyone would be greatly appreciated, especially MJ and the other more accomplished forum members.

I majored in business administration with concentrations in management/hr, marketing, entrepreneurship, and minored in psychology. I wish I had added philosophy as a second minor. Ha!

I'm starting in the slowlane and likely getting a job in management. My initial plan was to get a job in digital marketing, but I may do that kind of work on the side. Of course, long-term, I'm focused on transitioning to the fastlane, and I finally feel as if I can dedicate my time and energy toward that aim. I'll be active on the forum a lot more from now on.

What did you earn your degree in?

What are your short-term and long-term plans?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Well, I'm one week away from my commencement and finally graduating with my bachelor's degree.

I'm certain at least a few other members of the forum are members of the class of 2021, so I wanted to create this thread.

We're graduating in unique circumstances, but if you're a member of this forum, I know you're the kind of person to overcome challenges.

Of course, feedback and support from anyone would be greatly appreciated, especially MJ and the other more accomplished forum members.

I majored in business administration with concentrations in management/hr, marketing, entrepreneurship, and minored in psychology. I wish I had added a minor in philosophy. Ha!

I'm starting in the slowlane and likely getting a job in management. My initial plan was to get a job in digital marketing, but I may do that kind of work on the side. Of course, long-term, I'm focused on transitioning to the fastlane, and I finally feel as if I can dedicate my time and energy toward that aim. I'll be active on the forum a lot more from now on.

What did you earn your degree in?

What are your short-term and long-term plans?
I am persuing b.tech with major in information technology.

Short term plan: web design and CRO.
Mid term(1 to 2 years): productionization of service and selling the business plus starting and buying other businesses on side and moving to different country.
Long term: I am not soo sure about that but its pretty much traveling the world with family using the money I will invest in the assets.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Congratulations, sounds like a solid plan, just don’t get too comfortable, as comfort will weaken your desire for any radical changes.

D

Deleted78083

I graduated in June 2020, guess the situation was similar. I went to get a job in Poland and hated it, so meanwhile, I wrote a book and created a digital product I am desperately trying to sell now.

Now I am doing a paid internship for the the EU and I also hate it.

I am not planning on having a job ever again after my internship, but if I do, it won't be an office job. Those are hell. I was having much more fun working in cafes and restaurants.

That being said, good luck!

DoTheWork

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jun 12, 2019
Congrats! I also just graduated. I majored in finance and minored in accounting and project/operations management.

My short-term plan is to get more customers for my online service business so that my profit doubles from where it is currently. I was able to grow it enough while in college that I can support myself off the income, but if I lose one or two of my bigger clients I won't be earning enough.

I need to establish a more solid long-term goal, but my rough goal is to hire more people so I can detach myself from being the one who provides the actual service to the customers. Then, I can focus on growing the business and providing good leadership instead.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
I graduated in June 2020, guess the situation was similar. I went to get a job in Poland and hated it, so meanwhile, I wrote a book and created a digital product I am desperately trying to sell now.

Now I am doing a paid internship for the the EU and I also hate it.

I am not planning on having a job ever again after my internship, but if I do, it won't be an office job. Those are hell. I was having much more fun working in cafes and restaurants.

That being said, good luck!
Why not start the business while that pain motivates you.

D

Deleted78083

Why not start the business while that pain motivates you.
I am. I am learning online marketing now, I created a second blog that I am using as a sandbox to test some stuff out. The rest of the time, I am looking for people to write reviews for my book, which directs customers to my digital product.

Honestly, I'd rather learn basic business skills doing freelance and THEN build a business, then learning everything at once.

hellolin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 27, 2015
I can't imagine anyone who is a grad right now without a respectable STEM degree, business degree majors maybe getting $60k a year straight out of school, and that's if you are the top dog, plus that's barely enough to live in Cali. Most people I know with those mass market degrees gets $40k a year office jobs if they are average on luck, and become marketing person with a $45k a year job, worse than that, a lot of become restaurants staffs.....

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
Well, I officially graduated, and I can summarize it with a sigh.

A sigh of relief and a sigh because of how underwhelming it was with it being 100% online.

Congratulations to everyone else who was in Class of 2020 and Class of 2021!

seraphine

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
May 14, 2021
I have finals in the coming week, and I'll be graduating in about two weeks. I'm double majoring in English and Classics, which are definitely not the useful/practical majors everyone else seems to be going after, but they align with who I am and my long-term vision. Also, I think the communication and critical thinking skills I've gained will be useful in any endeavor.

My short-term plan is just to move out of my parents' house, since they're very conventional and negative about anything I do that isn't Slowlane, and they're always telling me how impractical my dreams and interests are. My mid-term plan is to develop a business idea I had a few days ago that I feel excited about but as of now have little idea how to execute. If it doesn't seem feasible, I'll find another venture. My long-term plan is to be financially independent enough such that I have the time and freedom to work on my real passion, which is writing. I'd also like to support my aging parents and start a family of my own.

Congrats and good luck to everyone who's graduated/is graduating!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.