The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

christmas card business

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
How many store owners have you visited and shown the product to?

the product will sell itself, all that is required to sell it is effective advertising to get the consumer to see the value. *this part i have no problem with, i know how to reach my demographics and how to sell to them.

the demand is not proven... yet. this is why im thinking commission until i have solid numbers to prove the market is there. once i have that i would like to go to a flat fee or flat fee plus commision. first i need to prove myself or get a store willing to take the risk of stocking an unproven product. either way, i think i need to start with a commission model.

its kinda like this, im not the guy selling the car. im the guy selling the tires for the car. except im selling you a new set of tires every month because ive made it appear you need new cooler tires every month and ive made it cheap and easy to do so.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Puppy

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Aug 21, 2017
new york
How many store owners have you visited and shown the product to?
as of now... none. im not at that stage of the game yet. i will be able to answer this question by june 2018.

edit - rephrase
by june 2018 i will be able to tell you how many stores i am in, how many said no, how many said yes, and how many who first said no later said yes.

Last edited:

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
@pipedream2017 Don't get discouraged by this thread. People are giving you a hard time because they think you're a troll. The reason they think that is because your username is "pipedream" and your marketing strategy is also highly unlikely to work.

What you need to do first before pursuing a business is educating yourself more. Spend more time on this forum reading progress threads. Study sales. Study what value for a customer actually means.

Once you have a better grasp, go out and try stuff. Fail. Learn. Improve. Repeat.

Good luck.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
i am in no way disagreeing, i belive you are correct. end goal will be selling it for flat fee/flat fee + commission. i want to start with commission because it will be more fun and will engage me more in learning and growing my business. im the sort of person who is motivated by what is fun for me. i believe my product will be profitable but if i dont make the process fun (for me) i wont stick with it.

two questions i put to any idea i have are
1. is it fun? how can i make money off of it?
2. can i make money off of it? how can i make it fun (for me)?

You need to learn how to grind.

You really think there's a "fun" way of doing sales?

It's not fun, but the people that do it learn to appreciate it for what it is - a game of persuasion that can drastically alter your life financially.

as of now... none. im not at that stage of the game yet. i will be able to answer this question by june 2018.

o_O

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Puppy

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Aug 21, 2017
new york

It's not fun, but the people that do it learn to appreciate it for what it is - a game of persuasion that can drastically alter your life financially.

o_O

thats what makes it fun, its a game of persuasion. and you are absolutely right, i do need to learn how to grind. i know how to grind for someone else but i have never learned how to grind for myself. but yea, i really think there is a fun way of doing sales, for me numbers and improving numbers is fun. note: i do think i find fun in things no else would find fun.

dont worry, ill turn that frown around. i just need to stick around here a little more and start doing a lot more

ThirtyOne

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jul 18, 2017
Los Angeles

o_O

Watching people give you their value vouchers is the most fun.

Grinding itself can be "fun" once you realize that whatever else you are doing, if it isn't grinding, it isn't making more money. Even if you have passive income, you won't get more of it without grinding some more .

Of course, some things like spending time with family is worth more than money...

ThirtyOne

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jul 18, 2017
Los Angeles
Well technically christmas is the birth of christ not his death.
of course. i was getting at the idea of betrayal. You have to have bad history with someone for this card to work, or at least a mutual darker sense of humor.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
We ran into the issue that many store owners do NOT do consignment.

Puppy

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Aug 21, 2017
new york
We ran into the issue that many store owners do NOT do consignment.
this was always my assumption. i think it can be a viable method for several of the smaller boutiques that exist in my area. they appear to like having unique and stand out items in smaller quanities and im think i could get in their stores. it will def give me the experience i need to learn, grow, and move on to bigger and better things. i will be pursuing this avenue along with several others

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.