The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Children's Book Publishing... WOW?!

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
The market is huge and saturated with thousands of shitty books. Some are so unbelievably bad.

There are a lot of markets out there filled with crap these days. I've been told that's subjective, though, and only my opinion, so I'm sure I'm just a snob. ;)

The challenges are to find a great illustrator, identify current trends in the market, and of course, write a good story (it might be simple, but it still has to be good and convince both the parents and the child to read it).

On my bucket list of some-day projects because I can illustrate it myself.

abrakamowse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Mar 11, 2017
New Jersey
I am an illustrator, I have a book written but I was having not so much time to illustrate it.

I hope this year I can finish illustrating it. Nice thread. Maybe I will post some of my sketches on my thread when I have them.

I really don't like too much the book Diary of a Wimpy Kid, but because of the huge sales, I think I have to read it, there's always time to learn something new ... and my daughter has two or three books of the Wimpy Kid...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Blake_Writes

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 13, 2018
Santa Monica, CA
I can attest children's books are a HUGE market from first hand experience. My daughter is 6 years old and probably has 200+ books and gets new ones every month to keep reading. I really should use a library but when they are this age they like to own them and re-read over and over. She is getting into chapter books now and those cost more and we like to buy them better when sold in sets and not a single book so I would suggest anyone looking to do this write them in sets of 3-4 or more so the parents feel like the money is worth the time they will be read.

What are some of your (and her) favorites?
Great thought on the bundle as well.

steelandchrome

Author of The Retail Leader Book.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
What are some of your (and her) favorites?
Great thought on the bundle as well.
She's a big fan of Ivy and Bean mostly for the chapter books.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.