The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Chewing gum business

pipedream2017

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Sep 12, 2017
london
my teenage kids run a candy vending route with gumballs in many machines ..... they work one 6 hour day every 6 weeks or so and clear $400+ ...... when they get ready to go off to college, they can sell their route or hire some younger friends to run it....... they bought the route with money from another business..... they have added locations by going in and talking to the owners and pitching them on helping out young businessmen.......

Do your kids give a percentage to the business?

pipedream2017

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Sep 12, 2017
london
@pipedream2017: You've introduced an idea you believe in, and received a lot of feedback. Implementation here is pretty straightforward, so my question is...

In the past 20 days since you introduced this to the forum, have you approached any bars/restaurants to get feedback on your idea?

If not - especially on something that's minimal investment for you, and where you can get quick feedback from your potential partners - what is standing in your way? Get this done by the end of November and let us know your results. Pursue it or kill it before you go into December.

Man I just need to grow some balls and try it. By Monday I will try it in a couple of places if they let me and get some feedback here

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Most pubs and clubs in the UK have a chewing gum machine in every male toilet. Tried it once, never again. Talk about chewy and it tasted just like rubber.;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
EFBF8670-8E70-4AC2-913C-39E82FE2501F.jpeg
I bought gum at wal-mart last week.

I couldn't find one pack without the words "artificially flavored" on it.

Opportunity.

I got this pack of gum at Walmart (in Chicago) last week.

Time is of the essence. Trident is marketing one now with no artificial color OR flavor! Lol

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
Most pubs and clubs in the UK have a chewing gum machine in every male toilet. Tried it once, never again. Talk about chewy and it tasted just like rubber.;)
Those... were condoms...

Edit: oh wait, that was the joke. Sorry, I'm a little slow lol

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Well where I live there are 1.7 million people, around 20000 bars/restaurants

Yeah but in your study, how many of those 1.7 million people go to bars? And of those that do go to bars how many chew gum? And how many of those take their own gum? Of those that do not take their own gum, how many would be willing to buy gum from the bar? Are you catering more towards females or males or is it about even?

My answer is about 3 packs sold on average daily; all bars included. So at $1.50 profit a night (does that include the bar's percentage?). $1.50 x 365 = $547.50 a year. Now what you can do is this.... go out and prove me wrong and come back with proof and tell me what a dumb@ss I am for doubting you. Really.... and what this will do is give you practice selling. It's something that doesn't cost a lot and you get to get yourself in front of business owners. Even if the people that say no.... now you have a contact (Keep notes. Always have a pad of paper with you at all times) and if you have an idea later on, maybe you could use them as a contact. A year from now you have another idea, all you have to do now is ask for _______ and it will be much easier to speak with them since you've met them before.

Last edited:

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
@pipedream2017

You have one day left until December. What have you done re: the goal above that was set for you to take action?

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
View attachment 22644

I got this pack of gum at Walmart (in Chicago) last week.

Time is of the essence. Trident is marketing one now with no artificial color OR flavor! Lol

Yeah, that's what I usually get.

They didn't have it at this particular wal mart, and I couldn't find an alternative.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.