The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

CHEERS from Dubai

gfrye13

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Apr 13, 2012
United Arab Emirates
Greetings current fastlaners and those en-route to the fastlane. My name is George and I am a former police officer who left his job in Atlanta Georgia and moved the the United Arab Emirates with my wife and daughter. I really was nervous when I left because I was for lack of a better term comfortable in the slowlane. I was safe in my $50,000 job. But about two years ago it hit me that I was living in the rat race. So I started reading and studying and trying to figure out what I needed to do to get out of this rat race. That's when I came across MJ DeMarco who spoke of a fastlane. I knew this was for me, so i devoured the book and i'm currently working on something at this time that if comes out the way I expect it to will give me profits of about $15-20k a month. But I know this isn't my final speed. I am looking for that market that people really need. I have put my feelers out there4 and waiting on a return. I am so lucky to have a loving wife who is able to support the family while I work on growing my business. I would love to hear from current fastlaners and those who are on their journey.

Cheers,

George

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Welcome George.

Just curious as to what made you choose Dubai? Did your wife find work there? I like the city and I've been there numerous times but I don't think I'd move there unless it was for work.

gfrye13

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Apr 13, 2012
United Arab Emirates
Well my wife was offered a teaching position in the the United Arab Emirates. I love it here. I feel so inspired to start a business here when I see how young this country is and how much they want to grow.

D

DeletedUser394

Howdy, welcome to the forum.

Question: What's the cost of living in Dubai? Assuming one lives in a relatively safe neighbourhood.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

gfrye13

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Apr 13, 2012
United Arab Emirates
Thanks Rich Kid

Living in Dubai can be a little pricey but if you live on the outskirts which I do it is actually quite in expensive. YOu can find a nice villa 4-5 bedrooms for about 10-12k a year. Inside Dubai is mostly high rise condos, and apartments. There is really no crime here. People get out and leave there car running and never worry about it getting stolen.

Daniel Burt

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 29, 2017
Dubai
Well my wife was offered a teaching position in the the United Arab Emirates. I love it here. I feel so inspired to start a business here when I see how young this country is and how much they want to grow.
Hey George,

Are you still based in Dubai?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.