The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

checking it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

xboxundone

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Sep 4, 2007
I am checkint out the forum to see what happening... I noticed in pm i got that
3) Affiliate marketing posts are prohibited.

I was kind of surprised to see that as I know many people that have amde Millions thru affiliate marketing..... I understand tryign to get people to signup or promoting the things as sales pitches be prohibited but talking about it is prohibited?????

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JesseO

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 25, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
They're trying to run a clean ship here, I believe. Such marketing techniques often lead to spam, and spam isn't what we're looking for here.Do you have any ideas or questions to help out with? =)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Affiliate marketing is a strategy which promotes spamming, just like MLM. While I don't doubt there are some individuals who have made millions in MLM/affiliate marketing, for every 1, there are 100,000 who don't. Moreover, it violates one of the tenets of the Fastlane - Sharks eat well, guppies do not. The Fastlane is about many things: One is about creating and inventing a massive distribution organization, not joining one.

If you create the MLM program (not join it) you can talk about it.

This forum is for folks who sit atop of the pyramid (or desire to be atop) and in control - not somewhere in the middle.

BTW, welcome to the forum.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Thanks again, MJ.

-Russ H.

xboxundone

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Sep 4, 2007
Affiliate marketing is a strategy which promotes spamming, just like MLM. While I don't doubt there are some individuals who have made millions in MLM/affiliate marketing, for every 1, there are 100,000 who don't. Moreover, it violates one of the tenets of the Fastlane - Sharks eat well, guppies do not. The Fastlane is about many things: One is about creating and inventing a massive distribution organization, not joining one.

If you create the MLM program (not join it) you can talk about it.

This forum is for folks who sit atop of the pyramid (or desire to be atop) and in control - not somewhere in the middle.

BTW, welcome to the forum.

The Fastlane is about many things: One is about creating and inventing a massive distribution organization, not joining one. That line right there defines what many people try to do with affiliate marketing is creating massive distribtuition of a product without having to lay a hand on the product.

And this is your forum so you are allowed to govern it how you want.. but i was expecting the "fast lane" to be more about creating wealth online and fast... not by using offline techniques that can take decades to build..

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
but i was expecting the "fast lane" to be more about creating wealth online and fast

It is, but not by distributing and spamming a forum with a "Free Report" or a link to

"myaffiliateprogram.aspx?myAffiliateID=affiliate#200000000"

there are other forums for that ... here's one http://forum.richdad.com/forums/

... not by using offline techniques that can take decades to build..

I never mention "offline" techniques so I don't have a clue how you come to that conclusion. If you think we are attempting to discuss strategies that take decades to come to fruition, you're at the wrong place.

Affiliate signature posts promoting an affiliate program (EBooks, MLM links, ClickBank) is what is prohibited. The discussion of affiliate marketing for your website via affiliate programs is not.

This place will not become a junkyard of sig-pimp posts for people who are here solely to promote their affiliate program or latest Ebook of the day.

<ADDED>

I edited the PM message to read "Affiliate marketing signatures are prohibited" which is more what I was trying to communicate.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
My feelings are this: When you're a member of an affiliate marketing, MLM, or any of those types of things, you are basically just an EMPLOYEE of someone else's business. Yes, you don't have the hours or office cubicle of a typical job, but you're still helping put money in someone else's pocket. For the most part, you're just another salesman. However, at least with MLM, you also have the opportunity to sell the business idea (someone else's) to potential consumers who will wind up joining the same MLM scheme as you. The income may be "passive", but it's not something that qualifies as fastlane material. It certainly doesn't hurt and it's a step in the right direction, but there are definitely other alternatives.

These opinions are basically my observations from watching several family members obsess over MLMs in the past. Currently, my mom is obsessing over one in particular. The difference is, I think she's genuinely obsessed with the product, not the opportunity to "make a quick million" by distributing. It's definitely a good product, but the distributing concept seems to become addicting.

xboxundone

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Sep 4, 2007
It is, but not by distributing and spamming a forum with a "Free Report" or a link to

"myaffiliateprogram.aspx?myAffiliateID=affiliate#200000000"

there are other forums for that ... here's one http://forum.richdad.com/forums/

I never mention "offline" techniques so I don't have a clue how you come to that conclusion. If you think we are attempting to discuss strategies that take decades to come to fruition, you're at the wrong place.

Affiliate signature posts promoting an affiliate program (EBooks, MLM links, ClickBank) is what is prohibited. The discussion of affiliate marketing for your website via affiliate programs is not.

This place will not become a junkyard of sig-pimp posts for people who are here solely to promote their affiliate program or latest Ebook of the day.

<ADDED>

I edited the PM message to read "Affiliate marketing signatures are prohibited" which is more what I was trying to communicate.

That makes MUCH more sense, thanks for the clarification. As i understand completely you want to keep the site from being full of sales pitches.

xboxundone

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Sep 4, 2007
My feelings are this: When you're a member of an affiliate marketing, MLM, or any of those types of things, you are basically just an EMPLOYEE of someone else's business. Yes, you don't have the hours or office cubicle of a typical job, but you're still helping put money in someone else's pocket. For the most part, you're just another salesman. However, at least with MLM, you also have the opportunity to sell the business idea (someone else's) to potential consumers who will wind up joining the same MLM scheme as you. The income may be "passive", but it's not something that qualifies as fastlane material. It certainly doesn't hurt and it's a step in the right direction, but there are definitely other alternatives.

These opinions are basically my observations from watching several family members obsess over MLMs in the past. Currently, my mom is obsessing over one in particular. The difference is, I think she's genuinely obsessed with the product, not the opportunity to "make a quick million" by distributing. It's definitely a good product, but the distributing concept seems to become addicting.

While I dispise MLM's and can't stand them as most make Bold face LIES about what you can make and how little work it will take etc...... Affiliate Marketing you have the opportunity to Start up with VERY low costs... now i agree ultimately to make the most bang for your buck pushing your own product is KEY... but to get going Affiliate marketing can help give you a big boost to look to other ventures.

Cherryie

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 4, 2007
How did affiliate marketing become in the same league as MLM? It's no comparison but I guess it's easier to understand something when you can compare it to something else...even if it's a completely different concept.

Oh well. To each his own.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
It certainly doesn't hurt and it's a step in the right direction, but there are definitely other alternatives.

I dont agree with this, Joining an MLM other than Avon or Mary kay seems destructive to your thinking cycle, becasue it is inhibiting your own thoughts and focusing them on the MLM creators idea, thus you become a drone to the queen bee. Anyone who beleives money comes easy will suck into these things and affiliate marketing, that is not fastlane, that is fastlane dreaming.

To the OP, making fast money isnt all online, you can make fast money off line depending on what and who you know. Sorry you have diffrening views on what you think you know, please refer to Mikes link to RDPD forums for like minded individuals.

:smxF:

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I dont agree with this, Joining an MLM other than Avon or Mary kay seems destructive to your thinking cycle, becasue it is inhibiting your own thoughts and focusing them on the MLM creators idea, thus you become a drone to the queen bee. Anyone who beleives money comes easy will suck into these things and affiliate marketing, that is not fastlane, that is fastlane dreaming.

To the OP, making fast money isnt all online, you can make fast money off line depending on what and who you know. Sorry you have diffrening views on what you think you know, please refer to Mikes link to RDPD forums for like minded individuals.

:smxF:
I pretty much agree with you. I was only saying it's a "step in the right direction" because it's gearing more towards focusing on the passive income. I believe I said it was slowlane, too. I just think it's better than the typical "job" idea. At least it's passive income and not relying on a paycheck to pay the bills.

xboxundone

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Sep 4, 2007
So what is "fast lane" making money.......... From your definitions its not MLM ( I agree and dispise them) Its not Affiliate marketing (i disagree but to each his own)

so what is fast lane making money in the online internet day and age?

Trust

Banned
Sep 6, 2007
Ignorant statements galore in this thread, some surprising since one came from an admin.

"Affiliate marketing is a strategy which promotes spamming, just like MLM."

Nope, affiliate marketing and MLM are 2 entirely different things. Affiliate marketing is basically getting compensated for referring sales or leads to merchants and getting paid a percentage or set amount. MLM is more trying to recruit other people, building up your downline etc. Simple research or visit wikipedia for a little more education on that. But they are different.

"When you're an affiliate marketer you're a follower, not a leader"

Not quite. I've been doing affiliate marketing full time for over 5 years now. It's my own business. I have no boss, no schedule, no cap on what I can make etc. That's being the boss.

"My feelings are this: When you're a member of an affiliate marketing, MLM, or any of those types of things, you are basically just an EMPLOYEE of someone else's business. "

Again wrong. Owning your own business is being the boss/leader :) There are many successful people in affiliate marketing who have grown their business to the point where they actually have to hire employees to help. Bosses hire. Business owners hire. There are also many successful affiliate marketers who do this on their own. Great thing about this business is all the freedom to make those kind of choices.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Here's another ignorant (and arrogant) statement from the admin "You're Banned".

To anyone else that seems to have neglected the 1/2 dozens stories in the "Multi-Millionaires" section, here is my suggestion to you: READ THEM. They will tell you what the fastlane is about.

For those that want to discuss the holy grail of making internet money via joining affiliate programs, there are dozens of forums for that purpose. LEAVE HERE AND JOIN THEM.

BTW, of the $10 million+ I've made in the last 10 years, much of it was due to AFFILIATE MARKETING -- however, I didn't join a program, I created it and had hundreds of affiliates working for me. That is fastlane.

If you still don't get it, leave.

Please refer to this thread:

http://www.thefastlanetomillions.com/showthread.php?t=528

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.