- Joined
- Jan 19, 2020
- Messages
- 6
Rep Bank
$125
$125
User Power: 33%
I've been practicing casual market research and idea/sales pitching by engaging with random people on Omegle and Discord.
For Discord I basically just pick the most mainstream and busiest server with the demographic I want to target and start cold messaging them (privately) about specific issues they may have encountered lately. No one told me to F*ck off so far, response rates are quite high (around 30% I'd say). For me this was an exceptional way to start learning how to properly frame questions in order to uproot the most insights out of an answer, and adjust in real time with a virtually unlimited supply of people at reach.
I also tried to practice market research on Omegle, but this didn't yield results as good as on Discord. I think this is due to the nature of the conversation being held: on Discord there is no hurry, you can keep tabs on people and reply to them later (that happened often), which is not the case with Omegle. So for that website I mostly focused on idea and sales pitching, which turned out to be much more appropriate. The main reason being that Omegle is real life at a smaller scale to some extent :
Any thoughts on this ? Has anyone else tried it before ?
Edit: typo
For Discord I basically just pick the most mainstream and busiest server with the demographic I want to target and start cold messaging them (privately) about specific issues they may have encountered lately. No one told me to F*ck off so far, response rates are quite high (around 30% I'd say). For me this was an exceptional way to start learning how to properly frame questions in order to uproot the most insights out of an answer, and adjust in real time with a virtually unlimited supply of people at reach.
I also tried to practice market research on Omegle, but this didn't yield results as good as on Discord. I think this is due to the nature of the conversation being held: on Discord there is no hurry, you can keep tabs on people and reply to them later (that happened often), which is not the case with Omegle. So for that website I mostly focused on idea and sales pitching, which turned out to be much more appropriate. The main reason being that Omegle is real life at a smaller scale to some extent :
- people have their agenda (horny dudes) and don't give two shits about you : they can hit "Exit" and never see you again in a matter of milliseconds
- therefore, it sets the bar high for you to retain their attention in the best way possible: that's how I shortened my pitch from 10 lines to 4 lines of text to make it much more efficient (the goal being to lower the instant disconnection rate as much as possible)
- anonymity makes people bluntly honest: they either disconnect, tell you to F*ck off or reply "no", on which they can elaborate if you ask them
- if they elaborate, they will freely speak their mind and simply give you their feedback, which is awesome:
- it helps tackling any blindspot in your strategy that was obvious for anyone else
- sometimes, they deliver their answer in such an interesting manner that it forces you to reconsider what you're doing with your idea
- however, it can impede the creative process because people tend to be shortsighted and just tell you "yeah it's cool", so don't entirely rely on it if you firmly believe in your idea; it's all about balance
Any thoughts on this ? Has anyone else tried it before ?
Edit: typo
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
