The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Casl Canada spam compliance

Marketing, social media, advertising

alexukie

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 21, 2019
Hey fella Canadian entrepreneurs

So just to understand correctly I know who I need to sell my b2b service to but I can only cold call them and I can’t send them email an email due to casl?

so only linked messages now to comply ? LinkedIn gets very low read rate vs email ..

Any ideas ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
I can’t remember off hand but I thought business were not included in Casl.

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
Never mind any commercial message to an email falls under CASL

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Aug 13, 2018
All you have to do is get (and record) the person's permission to email you. It helps to know the difference between implied permission and express permission.

Here are some resources on the topic:

^This PDF has a nice checklist that you can run through to see if you're compliant.

^This article offers some ideas for how to get consent.

https://MailCheat(Chimp).com/help/about-the-canada-anti-spam-law-casl/

^This article includes a bulleted list of exemptions, such as emails to family, friends, employees, and customers. It also includes a link to the full text of the CASL law.

alexukie

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 21, 2019
Thanks Bekit..

it does not really say much of how I can follow a law if I want to send an email to a potential client after leaving a voicemail.

All you have to do is get (and record) the person's permission to email you. It helps to know the difference between implied permission and express permission.

Here are some resources on the topic:

^This PDF has a nice checklist that you can run through to see if you're compliant.

^This article offers some ideas for how to get consent.

https://MailCheat(Chimp).com/help/about-the-canada-anti-spam-law-casl/

^This article includes a bulleted list of exemptions, such as emails to family, friends, employees, and customers. It also includes a link to the full text of the CASL law.

alexukie

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 21, 2019
My question is how do I or my clients go after leads we have without defying the CASL overzealous regulation.. Linkedin messages? Problem with LinkedIN messages average people only spend 15 min a month on average on linkedin.. VS 35% of the time a day checking emails.. And do not get me started on Voicemail - noone checks it - and only 1 in 14 execs pick up their phones...

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
Would an American company emailing on your behalf sidestep the rule?

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
nope it says to or from .. so as long as you are sending it to Canada no matter from where you are under casl

the only way that I've thought about getting around it is having people sign up for a marketing campaign....

e.g. Ipad give away.... sign up now... and then that little tick box forces them to consent to email marketing.. (you would also have to give them the option to not receive it though).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.