The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cardboard manufacturer for Prototype

OutThink

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 21, 2017
USA
Hey all,

Read TFL back in 2013 and really enjoyed the book and the insights in it. Even though I am lucky that my family started a successful business and am also lucky to be apart of that, TFL and the online market place is very seductive and lucrative so I am going to test the waters. I have two products that I think would add value to the target customers and I need to find someone to create the prototype for me.

I've been looking for a cardboard manufacturer or anyone who can build me basically a block of cardboard that is cut into the shape that I am looking to make. I thought what better place to seek advice from than TFL forums? Anyone know where I can get a couple prototypes made? I do not mind if I have to pay up for them as it is worth it.

Thanks in advance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Marc B.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Sep 23, 2012
Oklahoma
Cardboard? Maybe, but what about steel or aluminum? I can probably help you out there, or I could point you in the right direction at the very least.

Sbshields

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Aug 23, 2016
Have you thought about reaching out to a local printer? Many print shops carry a variety of cardboard, bookboard and mounting boards in house. This will give you the opportunity to look at the quality of each and determine which is the best for your prototype. Also, depending on your location, you may be able to access die-cut manufacturers or laser cutters who can help with precision cutting.

Alibaba offers some extraordinary prices on cardboard. But, that may be an option further down the road. Good luck!

Jonathan Polley

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Feb 26, 2016
Valencia, Spain

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Search for models or model makers. Also, sometimes those who describe themselves as patternmakers will make mock ups.

You will find plenty in the USA by searching thomasnet.com.

Walter

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.