Hello!
This question is directed to Canadian fastlaners as I'll be starting my business in Canada.
I've checked the Canada Post rates and they are RIDICULOUS.
For a parcel with dimensions 3"(L) 1.5" (W) 1"(H), weighing 80g, it's a whopping ~$9 local and ~$14 to the opposite coast!
I'm going to be starting an online loose leaf tea store with a Monthly Surprise Tea Subscription as the primary product (each month's varieties will be added to an ever growing store that will eventually be capped for inventory purposes).
The margins on the tea itself can be CRAZY, but the SHIPPING will basically wipe that all out!
So the question is: am I missing something here? Are businesses using an alternative to Canada Post to ship to their customers?
I don't see how it's possible to offer free shipping because if I built that into the price people would most likely be scared away!
The average subscription service for tea costs from $17-$25 (free shipping) for most (if not all) our competitors. We know there is a need because we already know of 3 competitors that are doing reasonably well for themselves (without being Power Players that have monopolized the market).
Unless they have some sort of shipping secret, that literally means they aren't making any money! With tea profit margins being so high, it'd be a shame if all of it was dumped down the drain for shipping -_-
This question is directed to Canadian fastlaners as I'll be starting my business in Canada.
I've checked the Canada Post rates and they are RIDICULOUS.
For a parcel with dimensions 3"(L) 1.5" (W) 1"(H), weighing 80g, it's a whopping ~$9 local and ~$14 to the opposite coast!
I'm going to be starting an online loose leaf tea store with a Monthly Surprise Tea Subscription as the primary product (each month's varieties will be added to an ever growing store that will eventually be capped for inventory purposes).
The margins on the tea itself can be CRAZY, but the SHIPPING will basically wipe that all out!
So the question is: am I missing something here? Are businesses using an alternative to Canada Post to ship to their customers?
I don't see how it's possible to offer free shipping because if I built that into the price people would most likely be scared away!
The average subscription service for tea costs from $17-$25 (free shipping) for most (if not all) our competitors. We know there is a need because we already know of 3 competitors that are doing reasonably well for themselves (without being Power Players that have monopolized the market).
Unless they have some sort of shipping secret, that literally means they aren't making any money! With tea profit margins being so high, it'd be a shame if all of it was dumped down the drain for shipping -_-
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
