The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mr.P

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Dec 5, 2018
Not as good as the real bacon, Hello your friendly Canuck here (Living in Denver). Gee where to start I have a lot to say but I will start with thank you MJ for sharing your wisdom. It has opened my eyes a great deal.

I was a sidewalker for most of my life until I got married. She was an accountant that helped me get rid of my credit card debt. (Small debt but was always near maxed) Then over the course of a few years, I had moved to the slow lane. Saved into the 401k trying to figure out how to get extra income.

I am not satisfied with that, I have dreams I realize I am getting older and the job I have may not be fit for me getting older. I am a UX UI designer and feel that profession is primarily for the young hip people. You know the young hip looking dude with a full non-white haired beard in a slim fit trendy shirt. lol, not me. Slightly heavy, no hair and an all-white goatie, that's me. I have no desire in becoming a manager in the current company I work for now.

My wife and I have 2 kids (3 and 5) and I want better for them. I want them to learn the value of entrepreneurship as I am now. I wouldn't say I am an entrepreneur, just yet, but I do see the value in it. I feel I have some of the knowledge that would make me a killer entrepreneur, for the entrepreneur avenue I would like to go into.

The past year I have tried the stock markets. oh gosh... what a mistake. at least I have found out I do not have the emotions for trading. I tried swing trading, day trading, buy and hold. I would make bank one week then lose it all and then some the next week.

I am so grateful I found this book after joining a leadgen group. I have only been in the group a month and my mindset has shifted a lot since. I am fully committed to learning this new craft. I understand that this is hard work and will be a long journey to becoming successful. I feel I can offer a business great value to areas they may need help in, as I know I will need help in some areas of my new entrepreneurial journey and I will be looking for a mentor, hopefully local.

Well, I think I said quite a lot for my first post, but I feel this is a journey is a new and exciting fork in the road path for me, that I would like to share with all of you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome @Mr.P appreciate the intro. Tell your "leadgen group" thanks for the recommendation. I'm assuming it was my first book TMF and not Unscripted .

Mr.P

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Dec 5, 2018
Welcome @Mr.P appreciate the intro. Tell your "leadgen group" thanks for the recommendation. I'm assuming it was my first book TMF and not Unscripted .
What an honor, A reply from the legend, MJ DeMarco! Yes, it was TMF . I am currently half way though Unscripted . I am thoroughly enjoying Unscripted . I do however miss your voice as a raw straight from the horse's mouth point of view. Don't get me wrong, the voice actor does a very good job of narrating, but I was very impressed by your narration, and it added extra value to the audiobook as I believe it was the first one I had listened to with the author as the narrator.
Anyhow, Thanks again for sharing your wisdom and opening many eyes wider.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
So are you a canucks fan? Or an avalanche? Roberto Luongo was a beast Lol

Mr.P

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Dec 5, 2018
So are you a canucks fan? Or an avalanche? Roberto Luongo was a beast Lol
lol, well I was a Canucks fan for a short time while there were no Winnipeg Jets, but since Winnipeg has a team again. I'd have to say a solid Winnipeg Jets fan. Who's your Hockey team?

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
blackhawks. Maybe the yesteryear hartford whalers too lol

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome to the forum. If your lead gen group recommended this group, you've already gotten more value out of it than I ever did with lead gen groups. Usually I just got sold on MLMs or insurance.

On one occasion, both. There's a local (here in Tempe) Farmers agent that also sells MLM style passes to a firearms training company. They give you a bulk discount on classes if you go out and sell them to others.

Mr.P

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Dec 5, 2018
Welcome to the forum. If your lead gen group recommended this group, you've already gotten more value out of it than I ever did with lead gen groups. Usually I just got sold on MLMs or insurance.

On one occasion, both. There's a local (here in Tempe) Farmers agent that also sells MLM style passes to a firearms training company. They give you a bulk discount on classes if you go out and sell them to others.

Well, I've only been in the group for a month, and they seem helpful. I am still learning, just finishing up my first niche website, about to set it up live. just struggling on the sales part. Sales is completely new to me. See following the script, allowed me to avoid sales. I didn't ever see myself as a person that would sell item/service so I avoided it at all costs. I now see it is a very necessary and valuable skill. I am at least confident in what I do, I have been doing it for almost 20 years, I was just selling my time to my company while they made the big bucks.

With this lead gen venture, I am confident I have a very strong skill set to get me 75% there I just have to market my services to the right interested parties. Which to me is a tough road to walk as it is my first few steps into sales/marketing, but with experience comes confidence, so I'll just have to go out there and do it with the expectations that there will be good days and bad days.

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
Welcome from a (default) Habs fan (even though I tend to like 90% of the NHL teams) !

The best way to gather experience and confidence even faster is through execution. If you have any question, the forums are already full of really great threads, so don't hesitate to search a little bit ! There's also a ton of "GOLD" and "NOTABLE" threads to learn from.

If you can't seem to find an answer to your questions, feel free to ask.

Have a great friday night,

Jeff

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.