If this question is filled with folly, please forgive me. I'm trying to find answers and so far have not. After being inspired by a great import thread on here I thought of a product I wanted to sell. Searched high and low for something that was quality and found it. Established contact for a sample and then realized that the item is being sold by an online line retailer only. It's trademarked, with active recently renewed trademarks. I can't tell if the TM refers just to the branding (which is what trade marks cover) or if there's something more to the item that the TM covers.
If I import it and have my brand embroidered on it, this is legal and ethical yes? Or should I drop it and find something else.
I'm looking for a "what would you do" chat so I don't end up with an "omg I've been sued" chat.
Thanks!
If I import it and have my brand embroidered on it, this is legal and ethical yes? Or should I drop it and find something else.
I'm looking for a "what would you do" chat so I don't end up with an "omg I've been sued" chat.
Thanks!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
