The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Buying your way into the fast lane?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Jav100

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jun 20, 2016
Hi all,

I have a fairly well paying job earning in the low six's with a focus in sales and marketing in tech.

Despite my relative good position, corporate life is demanding and while I have climbed up the later, I rather be the captain of my own ship.

The dilemma I find myself in is that after a full days work I have little brain power left to pursue a business of my own. Half my weekend is spent thawing my brain out.

Currently I have a two websites that provide little passive income.

I am considering purchasing a high earning website already built from EmpireFlippers - I've read a few threads here around the site. I've also considered writing a real estate, writing a book or purchasing a laundromat given.

After some research I am leaning on website purchase, book or real estate (although the market is quite high now).

My question for the community is what avenues do you recommend?

I have a real estate license, have beginner - intermediate skills in HTML, CSS, photoshop, copywriting and advanced skills at sales and relationship management.

I have some capital but not hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jav100

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jun 20, 2016
I did forget to mention I helped the girlfriend launch a online jewelry business. We have done minimal marketing to date though. This market segment is tough though. Brelox.com

I know I have violated the rule of not working on too many things badly!

miked_d

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 25, 2008
Los Angeles
Hi!

Have you read the book? I ask because almost all of the listings there violate "Control." They are dependent on one or two affiliate programs. If the program changes or blocks you, you are done.

You already have three unsuccessful websites, why don't you work on them? For example, your girlfriends website needs marketing. Find @Andy Black 's threads on Adwords advertising. You will learn a lot in the process.

Jav100

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jun 20, 2016
Thanks will check out the threads.

Michael Burgess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Sep 30, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Is there any way you can reduce the amount of time and effort your job takes? Outsourcing? Speaking with your employer about changing your duties?

Any really strong "fastlane play" will probably require a lot of your time initially. Otherwise you'd need a lot of initial capital to invest into something more passive.

Real estate could be a decent avenue for you... if you could buy a multi-unit apartment and manage it yourself initially, it could build up equity and (hopefully) cash flow while you continue with your job.

Jav100

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jun 20, 2016
I did read the book.

Hmm my manager is not the greatest which means she create assignments out of thin air. Outsourcing would be interesting if I could somehow do it without divulging confidential info. Reminds of the four hour work week book.

Real estate investing is definitely something I've been looking at. I live in the NYC metro area and prices are high though but the it's unique that you can control a large assets with a partial down payment.

applesack

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jan 11, 2017
Albuquerque
About the Brelox jewelry site

If I had to market this site I would:

First I would see what market segment is buying all those Buddhist prayer bead bracelets and follow that market. That is one freaking huge market with enormous markup.

Second, if you are really into the Egyptian crystal energy thing, put it front and center. Make that the entire site. If you really are into that, be into that fully! Watch Start with Why here, then apply it.

Finally, absolutely get the stuff on Amazon and once you start getting any sales, figure out how to have the jewelry manufactured... Alibaba or if you like US mfg, makersrow.com

Jav100

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jun 20, 2016
About the Brelox jewelry site

If I had to market this site I would:

First I would see what market segment is buying all those Buddhist prayer bead bracelets and follow that market. That is one freaking huge market with enormous markup.

Second, if you are really into the Egyptian crystal energy thing, put it front and center. Make that the entire site. If you really are into that, be into that fully! Watch Start with Why here, then apply it.

Finally, absolutely get the stuff on Amazon and once you start getting any sales, figure out how to have the jewelry manufactured... Alibaba or if you like US mfg, makersrow.com

Interesting observations! I agree we need to focus on a niche. I had thought of allergy suffers given her jewelry is hypo allergenic as well. Your right need to focus in for sure

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
I would think that etsy might be a good place to list your products.

One improvement to your site that I can suggest is to show your packaging. If it is attractive and appears to present a quality image, leaving it out doesn't make sense.

Walter

DaveC

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Oct 15, 2012
Chicago, IL
Why not focus on investments where you can leverage your existing skill sets/contacts? Plenty of tech businesses need help with sales/marketing, you could offer some consulting there or trade for equity. Plenty of SaaS businesses need sales/marketing

NewYorkCity

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 7, 2011
Why not focus on investments where you can leverage your existing skill sets/contacts? Plenty of tech businesses need help with sales/marketing, you could offer some consulting there or trade for equity. Plenty of SaaS businesses need sales/marketing

I was about to say this. You can sell right? How about finding a programmer who already has a SaaS built and can't sell it to save his life? Equity split is perfect for this.

Or pay to have one built/consulting for firms that currently exist.

I had family buy real estate and start a mini empire after a decade or two in their careers similar to where you were. Last I heard they were pretty much retired and manage their properties.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.