The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

business & friends

realbusiness

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 31, 2023
Hello everyone, I am 26 years old and I am starting my first business(I will do a new topic about that). I have noticed that I am losing some friends due to the time and energy I am dedicating to my business. While I understand that prioritizing my business is important, I am wondering how you manage your friendships while pursuing your business goals or after achieving success.
Do you have friends? Would you like to have more? What is important for you on that aspect? Please be honest on that, I am deciding my future.
Please share your experiences and give me some honest advice

Thank you for your insights.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Prdgy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Mar 27, 2023
You should think carefully of who your friends are.

Of course social interaction is necessary, but ask yourself these questions:
Do they have what's best in mind for me?
Do they provide value?
Do I provide value to them?
Are we actually friends, or just circumstantially bound?

This isn't to say ditch your friends, not at all, but do make a contrast between a friend ( a person who is loyal to you, who has the same values, who will push you to be the best) and a "friend" ( someone who talks behind your back, provides no value to you or even uses you for certain perks, who keeps you down at their level).

Why are you losing friends? Is it because you don't hang out with them enough? Where do you usually hang out with them? Is the place that important in comparison to potential financial freedom? Is it because you're colder to them as you focus more of your attention on the business? (in which case, that's on you).

I can't answer any of those for you, and you don't have to answer them here, but ponder what lie at the basis of your friendships.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.