The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Business for someone under 18

fasfsa

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 31, 2020
Hi!
What would be your first business if you could start all over. I am 17 years old and I've been learning programming, spezialing in MERN stack. So i thought like probably many teens to make my career and become rich. I made website to help older people during this virus(MJ inspired), but I don't have an audience to show, and I don't have money to promote it. So I started making youtube videos and make the brand. But the problem is that it will take a lot of time. It is hard to not try businesses like dropshipping or anything like that, when you can see results within days. So yeah tell me what do you think. Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

aeden

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Feb 28, 2020
Melbourne, FL
So I started making youtube videos and make the brand. But the problem is that it will take a lot of time.

Define "a lot of time". If it takes you 5 years to build your business, but at the end you are independent and successful and 23 years old... is it really a lot of time?

Put in the work, build for sustainability, and there's a good chance you'll walk away a happy and wealthy person.

VigilantCMDR

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Aug 16, 2019
Completely agree with @aeden

I started young too, it just means you got more time to actually work. Plus, at that age you probably don't have a full-time job or anything yet, so you have more time to just focus on the business.

If I were you, due to your age, anything online like YouTube/affiliate marketing ends up pretty well. I have a lot of friends that started affiliate marketing websites that generate a decent amount of money.

Even then, they do generate a significant chunk of ad revenue and other streams of income from it.

Podcasting may also be something to look into.

Point is as it says in the millionaire fastlane , producerism, not consumerism. Maybe consider writing a book and publishing it in one year?

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
You heard it before now hear it again....

Pick a evergreen niche...lucrative where they are known to spend money...

Build an email list.

That is an asset that never goes away.

You can Launch, can promote, you can send traffic, you can win Contests,
you can survey for product creation to insure success before you ever create. Create a monthly membership. You can have an audience to sell one of your websites lightning fast, on and on.

It also took me a few Million times to hear it before I took action. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

valuecreator

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Apr 16, 2015
Australia
My boys are 13 and they're starting an education biz right now.

If you don't think you could generate the content you can always sell somebody else's product. Your success is gonna be decided by how good you are at acquiring customers anyways. And that's true for any biz.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.