The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Business bootstrapping with Guest blogging

Pinnacle

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Oct 29, 2007
Edmond, Oklahoma
I'm on a mailing list of a successful blogger who is now an associate editor at CopyBlogger.

Wanted to share his recent post: Why I Quit Blogging (and What to Do If You’re Struggling) | Guest Blogging

What is your take on guest blogging's role in helping you grow your Internet business? Do you really need connections before your content (even if it's great content) matters?

This sounds like a valid point on a lot of levels. It seems using the leverage of "who you know" may be a great first step in getting more eyes (and more relevant visits) on your content. I'm just starting to experiment with guest blogging, myself. I recently even posted another blogger's content on my own.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
That's what I'm trying to do. I just don't know where to start. Is there anything that anyone recommends to do this effectively?

Pinnacle

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Oct 29, 2007
Edmond, Oklahoma
That's what I'm trying to do. I just don't know where to start. Is there anything that anyone recommends to do this effectively?

Start by reading and watching all about and then setting up a free account at MyBlogGuest. Guest blogging: Looking for guest bloggers or guest post? Join MyBlogGuest!

This a community of bloggers offering their blogs to publish other peoples' articles and their articles to publish on other peoples' blogs. This is where I found my first guest blogger.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Blogging is overrated in my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong, but I've always seen it as a crap-shoot method for trying to get traffic to your site.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

huy

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 7, 2012

Right now, I have a blog that shows a niche-related picture + a paragraph blurb about the picture. I try to make the paragraph interesting and at the bottom of the page, I have a link to my main site saying something like "If you're interested in finding out more, click here."

I'll let you know if this gets me any traffic/conversions.

Pinnacle

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Oct 29, 2007
Edmond, Oklahoma
Blogging is overrated in my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong, but I've always seen it as a crap-shoot method for trying to get traffic to your site.

I agree that it is overrated. The latter point, not so much, because many blogs have gotten past the era of just being online diaries and strive to provide valuable content nowadays. I can't speak for all blogs, of course.

I personally hate social media but it can be a necessity of a well-bootstrapped web business. In this spirit, I respect it and learn how to utilize it properly. Like blogging, there are healthy alternatives, though.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.