The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Burn the Ships - what are you experiences ?

Anything related to matters of the mind

thOsim

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jul 30, 2016
:)

Yeah, she will. Try to see it from her perspective ... I have a solid husband, father, provider ... I have a security.

Now you are comming with "Honey, I quit my good paying job and ... (now you are explaining to her your goals, how this will work and that will work and explain it to her)". But she is just not listening, because she stopped listening when the fear completelly overhelmed her after your first sentence.

You yourself are not ready yet, have doubts and fears and need three months to prepare to even rethink your decision. Try to imagine you would quit today, just imagine it. Would you be stressed, full of fear, doubt? Now multiply it and this is how she will feel.

I remember I was scared and full of doubt. The worst part, the biggest doubt came after I announced to my employer I quit. They didn't expected that, they weren't ready also. They tried to find a way to keep me, offered promotion next year. And I was like: Should I really do it? Should I jump? Really?

Things will get crazy after you make the decission. Your family and friends ... you think they will support your decission? Prepare for a mental fight and prepare your wife for your decission. Don't make her believe everything is ok. You don't need your wife unprepared or as an enemy, negative enviroment at home and your kid in the middle of it. At least mention to her few times you are not happy at your job.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZMan26

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Mar 13, 2016
Sunny Florida
Hello Fellow ( to-be) Fastlaners.

I'm Leon, 34, Dutch, wife + 6yr old Kid and driving the slow lane currently.
Reached a 120k net income yearly ( seriously ?) for 17 years of corrupt life trading.

Waking up....

I woke up 5 years ago while walking the freakin sidewalk in fancy Burberry clothes. Proud I calculated the price of all the clothes on my Body, Wow I wear today 4.600 Euro worth clothing, shoes, watch etc. how cool am I, I said to myself!

And then I realized my monthly salary was back then 3.000 net, and I just paid 1,5 month of my life for that ( I love how MJ describes this in his book )

Anyways I'm super grateful that I woke up and the last 2 months something have changed in me to turn desperation into action.

However...

My Job is a huge energy drainer for me ( Financial Director ) even if I have learned a lot, the people around me do not understand it, they are un-aware of the reality and believe the lies, they are Naysayers all the time! My circle of influence sucks too. ( improved with this forum)

Fastlane...

I work on Fastlane from 5:30 am to 7:30 am and 2 hours in the evening next to my " family tasks" as husband and father. I also use some idle time on the job, 2 -3 hours per week and off course weekends.

Now here comes my Plan...

Quit the job and focus fully on building my fastlane. I have no passive income but I figured that I can live with my family for + 6 years still pretty decent from our savings. This will give me 40 - 50 HOURS! per freakin week additional time to built the fastlane. a +200% increase of speed!

Questions to fellow fastlaners who " dropped out " of the job:

- When was the appropriate moment for you to quit job?
- What you've learned from doing that?
- What would you do different if you could re-do that decision?

bonus question:
- How did you convince your wife? ;-)

Looking forward to some interesting experiences.

Thanks!

Leon

IMO dont get rid of your job, get rid of your burberry, and the 3000 shirts or whatever amount you paid for the clothes

Use that money to "buy time", meaning outsource whatever you can in your 'fastlane' idea...

Swam010

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Jul 8, 2016
:)

Yeah, she will. Try to see it from her perspective ... I have a solid husband, father, provider ... I have a security.

Now you are comming with "Honey, I quit my good paying job and ... (now you are explaining to her your goals, how this will work and that will work and explain it to her)". But she is just not listening, because she stopped listening when the fear completelly overhelmed her after your first sentence.

You yourself are not ready yet, have doubts and fears and need three months to prepare to even rethink your decision. Try to imagine you would quit today, just imagine it. Would you be stressed, full of fear, doubt? Now multiply it and this is how she will feel.

I remember I was scared and full of doubt. The worst part, the biggest doubt came after I announced to my employer I quit. They didn't expected that, they weren't ready also. They tried to find a way to keep me, offered promotion next year. And I was like: Should I really do it? Should I jump? Really?

Things will get crazy after you make the decission. Your family and friends ... you think they will support your decission? Prepare for a mental fight and prepare your wife for your decission. Don't make her believe everything is ok. You don't need your wife unprepared or as an enemy, negative enviroment at home and your kid in the middle of it. At least mention to her few times you are not happy at your job.

Appreciate your straightforwardness, thanks!

How far are you in the Fastlane?
May I ask what's your field of business?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.