The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Building habits and discipline

Anything related to matters of the mind

MaximOntheRoad

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jan 4, 2023
Hey wasssup
I hope you have a great day no matter where you are on this strange but at the same time beautiful world. My name is Maxim for. I am a 17 year old from germany, who is committed to the fastlane journey. I write this thread right here for people I can bring some value, and I am sure that I will help out people with this. I will talk about a habit tracker, if you dont really know what that is, just keep reading...
For everyone who knows what that is :) maybe from hamza hahahah) Yes this Shit does WORK. I tested it for the past 1.5 Years and it does WORK. Actually it changed my life completely. So I ask you this right here:

- Are you not fully disciplined on the things youre commited to?
- Is there some habit you struggle with adopting in youre life?
- Are you tired of creating plans for the day, and procrastinating on them
or only doing them half heartedly.

If your Answer to any of these questions was YES.
Suprise surprise I will help you!

(This is especially for those who are in the beginning phase of the fastlane process and self development - so you haven't built up good habits and long term discipline yet - for all others, you can skip this thread)

Lets start...

...Before we start

There is one thing tho!?!?!?

These Principles HAVE the power to change you from a undisciplined to a very disciplined fastlaner. You will go from hating every minute of every hard habit, like excersising for example, to actually having fun doing the habit.

They only work if you execute on them tho.

If you are thinking to yourself right now:
Hmmm this thread is solving the problem, I am currently having. And after you've read this you go back to the old type of habit behaviour or even worse normality. NO!

You will (hopefully) read trough this thread and go apply those principles RIGHT AWAY.
They only work if you execute on them

The thing I am going to cover is not just some other habit tracking method or checklist type of shi.
I will give you KEY lessons and after learning about them you can only benefit from this thread.

Principle NR 1 (The habit tracker)

The habit tracker contains all habits that you want to have.
I would recommend (if you don't already have one - or any other type of habit tracking system),
that you write down all of the habits in 1 line and set little boxes below them habbits - Put as many boxes as your papersheet, device... allows

Yes it it insanely simple, and you probably know this way of tracking your daily activities.

But keep on reading.

This THING got me out of a bad mental
state in about 2 weeks. I am sure it will for
you too (if you are in a rut currently or feel like you became complacent recently).

So now you will tick the boxes of the
habits every day. YES ALWAYS. Every single day
(EVEN if you didn't do them - then you will X them, or with fill them with smileys or ..... idk what else youre phantasy allows you to do with them boxes).
But you will fill the boxes in some type of way every single day.
Either done or not done.

That was part 1 or principle 1. Number 1?
Aaaaaahhh.
Ok, that simple. Can I go now. NO!

PRINCIPLE 2 (Try to always do the habbit)
But Maxim I already now that I should always try to do my habits why are you telling me that you a**
Ok. Listen.
What I mean with try to do them always, is:
Even if you "arent motivated", "low energy", "busy". Or just dont feel like doing them.

Let your ego go.

How?
Heres how:

Do atleast 1 second of the habbit.
Yes. A stupid. 1 sec.

Brooooo I am leeavin...

Nonono don't go yet!

Of course you dont want to always do the habit for 1 sec. There would be no point in doing it. But at the same time there is. See if you force yourself to du JUST 1 SECOND of the habit. You move your brain KILOMETERS (usual german move) or MILES into the right direction - in a very short period of time. And thats what we want in the fastlane is going far into the right direction - in a very short period of time.
When you move yourself from laziness and procrastination to DOING the habit. Your brain collects and remembers that information - EVEN if u just do 1 second of the habit it. (It is the start that counts).

Most of the times you end up doing more, because you are already - in the act of doing the habit.

And its always easier to continue than to start.

Principle 3 (Make it fun)

Why do you hate doing the habit?
Why are you even procrastinating? There's gotta be a reason?

There is.

You set too high expectations.

make it easier for yourself.
This is the second part of putting your ego aside.
Make the process possible and accessible for you.
Once you've entered the gate of process after finally STARTING. Now your responsibility is to do the habit well. And do it well for long enough.

But why are you only doing the habit half heartedly?
Because you make it too hard for yourself.

Especially in the beginning phases.
You don't benefit from setting too high expectations of yourself, because you aren't even at that level yet - you can have higher expactations later - once you are familiar with the habit and the process that comes from pursuing it well.

Solution:
Rather than setting to high expectations, turn it around.
Make it fun instead.
How do you make it fun?
Do it really well. Try to really concentrate on doing the habit well - when you notice yourself losing concentration or strenght (like in fitness for example or even pursuing a business).

Than stop.
Stop for as long as you need to recover.

This is very important in the beginning phase.
You want to look at it in the long term!

Another bonus tip that has helped me BOOST my process extremely!

Don't lie to yourself

Broooo wtfffffff .

Yes

No

Yes

Don't lie. To yourself.

The next time you plan to do something. Do it. Stay true to your word. And be forgiving to yourself. (The self talk you choose to have)

Bro thats common sense you ****

Ayoo bro pls relax!!!!

I know

But most people still don't do it.

Remember the part we've talked about "with the brain" that it remembers everything you do.
It saves all of the data you give it.

The same with doing the right things.
Being a good person.
Staying true to your word.
It's only a matter of time of how often your brain will save that data and you BECOME that person, that you deserve to be.

This is more of an objective life advice not very specific because it improves not only the habitual, disciplined, long term area of your life, but all different types of things and even YOU. Yes if you follow this practice it will CHANGE YOU! To who ever you want to be. Just decide. Just choose. That's what MJ talks about in TMF aswell. Its only a matter of time till your choises start to pay off.
Just imagine in two years you can be a COMPLETELY different person than you are now. You can think differently, look differently, be different.
Even characteristic wise, you can go from shy to extrovert, from egoistic to helpful and genuinely interested in other people.
(maybe a bit like me)

Trough not lying to yourself and just doing what you know is right. And knowing that you can learn from mistakes. Rather than avoiding them silently (another form of lying to yourself). Basically you can have two forms of action - You can choose how to act - You can choose how to think and talk to yourself.
Choose how you do those two wisely - because they decide who, what, when and where you'll be.

So change your execution and not only your surroundings can change (freedom) but you as a person will also change (Someone that creates freedom and thinks like a good person)

What is the progress that I've made (with the help of the habit tracker and a mindset shift)?
- Changed my body completely (with the help of fitness and nutrition habits)
- Became disciplined in the process of fastlane (service, business...)
- Meditation, Graditute Journaling (Great for mental health)
- Ending all types of addictions (bad food, gaming, social media)

To sum up everything we've talked about till now:
- how a habbit tracker looks like
- make it a daily habit to fill the boxes every day
- this is a long term game - dont make the thought of it unpleasant rather do atleast 1 second of the habit and let your ego aside (ego = the habit only counts if I do it how I planned to and make great progress)
- Make the process fun (second type of letting your ego aside = make the shi achievable)

You made it trough the thread.

I am grateful if you just ignore the spelling mistakes (- If there are any).
I am currently working on my english!

A big shoutout to andyblack, he got out of lurking around in life, different media channels, to start living and giving value to people who need it!
Thank you a lot for that!

And of course a big shoutout to MJ for making all this right here possible, giving everyone on here a great opportunity to connect, share ideas and learn from eachother but most importantly showing us the right road(s) to follow!

Thank you for reading trough this book of text!
I hope you could take something from this thread!

I wish you the best and that you stay on the right road!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EthanH

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
511%
Jun 19, 2020
Manchester
Hey wasssup
I hope you have a great day no matter where you are on this strange but at the same time beautiful world. My name is Maxim for. I am a 17 year old from germany, who is committed to the fastlane journey. I write this thread right here for people I can bring some value, and I am sure that I will help out people with this. I will talk about a habit tracker, if you dont really know what that is, just keep reading...
For everyone who knows what that is :) maybe from hamza hahahah) Yes this Shit does WORK. I tested it for the past 1.5 Years and it does WORK. Actually it changed my life completely. So I ask you this right here:

- Are you not fully disciplined on the things youre commited to?
- Is there some habit you struggle with adopting in youre life?
- Are you tired of creating plans for the day, and procrastinating on them
or only doing them half heartedly.

If your Answer to any of these questions was YES.
Suprise surprise I will help you!

(This is especially for those who are in the beginning phase of the fastlane process and self development - so you haven't built up good habits and long term discipline yet - for all others, you can skip this thread)

Lets start...

...Before we start

There is one thing tho!?!?!?

These Principles HAVE the power to change you from a undisciplined to a very disciplined fastlaner. You will go from hating every minute of every hard habit, like excersising for example, to actually having fun doing the habit.

They only work if you execute on them tho.

If you are thinking to yourself right now:
Hmmm this thread is solving the problem, I am currently having. And after you've read this you go back to the old type of habit behaviour or even worse normality. NO!

You will (hopefully) read trough this thread and go apply those principles RIGHT AWAY.
They only work if you execute on them

The thing I am going to cover is not just some other habit tracking method or checklist type of shi.
I will give you KEY lessons and after learning about them you can only benefit from this thread.

Principle NR 1 (The habit tracker)

The habit tracker contains all habits that you want to have.
I would recommend (if you don't already have one - or any other type of habit tracking system),
that you write down all of the habits in 1 line and set little boxes below them habbits - Put as many boxes as your papersheet, device... allows

Yes it it insanely simple, and you probably know this way of tracking your daily activities.

But keep on reading.

This THING got me out of a bad mental
state in about 2 weeks. I am sure it will for
you too (if you are in a rut currently or feel like you became complacent recently).

So now you will tick the boxes of the
habits every day. YES ALWAYS. Every single day
(EVEN if you didn't do them - then you will X them, or with fill them with smileys or ..... idk what else youre phantasy allows you to do with them boxes).
But you will fill the boxes in some type of way every single day.
Either done or not done.

That was part 1 or principle 1. Number 1?
Aaaaaahhh.
Ok, that simple. Can I go now. NO!

PRINCIPLE 2 (Try to always do the habbit)
But Maxim I already now that I should always try to do my habits why are you telling me that you a**
Ok. Listen.
What I mean with try to do them always, is:
Even if you "arent motivated", "low energy", "busy". Or just dont feel like doing them.

Let your ego go.

How?
Heres how:

Do atleast 1 second of the habbit.
Yes. A stupid. 1 sec.

Brooooo I am leeavin...

Nonono don't go yet!

Of course you dont want to always do the habit for 1 sec. There would be no point in doing it. But at the same time there is. See if you force yourself to du JUST 1 SECOND of the habit. You move your brain KILOMETERS (usual german move) or MILES into the right direction - in a very short period of time. And thats what we want in the fastlane is going far into the right direction - in a very short period of time.
When you move yourself from laziness and procrastination to DOING the habit. Your brain collects and remembers that information - EVEN if u just do 1 second of the habit it. (It is the start that counts).

Most of the times you end up doing more, because you are already - in the act of doing the habit.

And its always easier to continue than to start.

Principle 3 (Make it fun)

Why do you hate doing the habit?
Why are you even procrastinating? There's gotta be a reason?

There is.

You set too high expectations.

make it easier for yourself.
This is the second part of putting your ego aside.
Make the process possible and accessible for you.
Once you've entered the gate of process after finally STARTING. Now your responsibility is to do the habit well. And do it well for long enough.

But why are you only doing the habit half heartedly?
Because you make it too hard for yourself.

Especially in the beginning phases.
You don't benefit from setting too high expectations of yourself, because you aren't even at that level yet - you can have higher expactations later - once you are familiar with the habit and the process that comes from pursuing it well.

Solution:
Rather than setting to high expectations, turn it around.
Make it fun instead.
How do you make it fun?
Do it really well. Try to really concentrate on doing the habit well - when you notice yourself losing concentration or strenght (like in fitness for example or even pursuing a business).

Than stop.
Stop for as long as you need to recover.

This is very important in the beginning phase.
You want to look at it in the long term!

Another bonus tip that has helped me BOOST my process extremely!

Don't lie to yourself

Broooo wtfffffff .

Yes

No

Yes

Don't lie. To yourself.

The next time you plan to do something. Do it. Stay true to your word. And be forgiving to yourself. (The self talk you choose to have)

Bro thats common sense you ****

Ayoo bro pls relax!!!!

I know

But most people still don't do it.

Remember the part we've talked about "with the brain" that it remembers everything you do.
It saves all of the data you give it.

The same with doing the right things.
Being a good person.
Staying true to your word.
It's only a matter of time of how often your brain will save that data and you BECOME that person, that you deserve to be.

This is more of an objective life advice not very specific because it improves not only the habitual, disciplined, long term area of your life, but all different types of things and even YOU. Yes if you follow this practice it will CHANGE YOU! To who ever you want to be. Just decide. Just choose. That's what MJ talks about in TMF aswell. Its only a matter of time till your choises start to pay off.
Just imagine in two years you can be a COMPLETELY different person than you are now. You can think differently, look differently, be different.
Even characteristic wise, you can go from shy to extrovert, from egoistic to helpful and genuinely interested in other people.
(maybe a bit like me)

Trough not lying to yourself and just doing what you know is right. And knowing that you can learn from mistakes. Rather than avoiding them silently (another form of lying to yourself). Basically you can have two forms of action - You can choose how to act - You can choose how to think and talk to yourself.
Choose how you do those two wisely - because they decide who, what, when and where you'll be.

So change your execution and not only your surroundings can change (freedom) but you as a person will also change (Someone that creates freedom and thinks like a good person)

What is the progress that I've made (with the help of the habit tracker and a mindset shift)?
- Changed my body completely (with the help of fitness and nutrition habits)
- Became disciplined in the process of fastlane (service, business...)
- Meditation, Graditute Journaling (Great for mental health)
- Ending all types of addictions (bad food, gaming, social media)

To sum up everything we've talked about till now:
- how a habbit tracker looks like
- make it a daily habit to fill the boxes every day
- this is a long term game - dont make the thought of it unpleasant rather do atleast 1 second of the habit and let your ego aside (ego = the habit only counts if I do it how I planned to and make great progress)
- Make the process fun (second type of letting your ego aside = make the shi achievable)

You made it trough the thread.

I am grateful if you just ignore the spelling mistakes (- If there are any).
I am currently working on my english!

A big shoutout to andyblack, he got out of lurking around in life, different media channels, to start living and giving value to people who need it!
Thank you a lot for that!

And of course a big shoutout to MJ for making all this right here possible, giving everyone on here a great opportunity to connect, share ideas and learn from eachother but most importantly showing us the right road(s) to follow!

Thank you for reading trough this book of text!
I hope you could take something from this thread!

I wish you the best and that you stay on the right road!
Thanks for this post Max, i believe that this will really help me in the future so thankyou for sharing!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.