pascal1234
New Contributor
- Joined
- Jun 10, 2012
- Messages
- 34
Rep Bank
$220
$220
User Power: 29%
I do have an idea some kind of directory website in education. It will not only be a directory website but also include a forum and articles.
Further, the aim would be after acquiring a certain amount of members to implement technology to facilitate the interaction and exchange of information.
At the moment, it is not about making money but about building a stable member base. I read some articles about building communities from build from scratch... The gist of it to contact some potential members directly and introduce them to the idea etc. and hope they will participate.
Of course this will take time and I was wondering if someone of you have experience in building directory websites. To increase the reach I also thought to hire some freelancers on oDesk to contact people and post in forums etc. - but I am not sure if this is such a good idea.
I am thankful for every input!
Further, the aim would be after acquiring a certain amount of members to implement technology to facilitate the interaction and exchange of information.
At the moment, it is not about making money but about building a stable member base. I read some articles about building communities from build from scratch... The gist of it to contact some potential members directly and introduce them to the idea etc. and hope they will participate.
Of course this will take time and I was wondering if someone of you have experience in building directory websites. To increase the reach I also thought to hire some freelancers on oDesk to contact people and post in forums etc. - but I am not sure if this is such a good idea.
I am thankful for every input!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
